Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

North Carolina (and other states of course) Jam

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Stratoskater, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    So I know there have been a couple of these in Spartanburg SC and other states and countries in the past. Looking to see if there is any interest in one held in North Carolina. I know we have several members in NC that post regularly, @Groovey, @Triple Jim, @98bigapple, @GunMonkeyINTL and lots just over the borders of SC @Bodean, @Barb and VA @Raiders757 and I'm sure I am forgetting a few.

There is a place in Raleigh NC (Haggard Studios) we could rent out and there is likely something in Greensboro/Winston Salem area too since that is kind of in the middle of the state. Just posting this to see if there is any interest and if so to get a discussion going around when and where we could do it.

As always it would be very laid back, play as little or as much as you want, all skill levels welcome and encouraged. We would need to find someone to play drums and bass (keys or other instruments welcome too) and of course singers will always be needed.

So there you go, let the discussion begin...

felis, circles, tubetone1956 and 2 others like this.

2. Stratoskater

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    adding @bluejazzoid as well , I know he's down in this area too.

3. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 14, 2009
    Southeast USA
    I'm near Myrtle Beach, but my older brother John (drummer) lives in the Raleigh area, so I know we would both be into something there - just depending on when I suppose.

Stratoskater likes this.

4. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Strat-Talker

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    Have you considered meeting at a free open blues jam at the Blue Note Grill in Durham? From their site:

Groovey and Stratoskater like this.

5. Stratoskater

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    The ones in the past are held on weekends to allow folks from out of town and their significant others to attend and spend the night and there is usually food and drink brought in. Also this allows folks not comfortable playing before a live audience to participate as everyone there are "friends". I don't think Blue Note would be too pleased if 20+ of us showed up on their open mic night and took over the stage for 3-4 hours. I have gone to that and other open mics around here and they are fun but not what these Strat Talk jams are about. These things (Rougestocks as we call them) are usually all day long events for playing and socializing.

6. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Approaching the Crossroads Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 19, 2011
    red barn, USA
    let me know when and where.

Stratoskater and Mansonienne like this.

7. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Strat-Talker

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    Very good description, thanks. Your version definitely sounds less intimidating.

Stratoskater likes this.

8. Stratoskater

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC

9. Stratoskater

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Yep, it's a no pressure type thing. The "audience" is made up of significant others who come, family members and musicians who are taking a break during that song. Zero judgment or pressure. There are several videos from the Europe Rougestocks on here you can check out and I think one from the CA one and the SC one from last year. Just one big party with jamming.

felis, R00STER and Groovey like this.

10. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Approaching the Crossroads Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 19, 2011
    red barn, USA
    two from Spartanburg last year. Music started happening about 11:00 and continued until about 6:00. We also hired a drummer for the Southern Jams

Stratoskater likes this.

11. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va
    Depending on the when and where I might make it. If I remember correctly Raliegh is about a 5 hour drive .Not sure about Greensboro or Winston Salem

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Raiders757 and Stratoskater like this.

12. 98bigapple

98bigapple New Member!

Feb 14, 2018
    North Carolina

13. 98bigapple

98bigapple New Member!

Feb 14, 2018
    North Carolina
    I am in Winston and would be up for talking gears guitars and jamming!

Stratoskater likes this.

14. PinkFloydfan91

PinkFloydfan91 Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2010
    Burlington,NC
    Heck I’m half way between Raleigh and Greensboro and I’d be in as well.

Stratoskater likes this.

15. tubetone1956

tubetone1956 Strat-O-Master

May 1, 2009
    north carolina
    Count me in!

Scheduling is always an issue and there's never enough time, but I'd love to get together with this crew!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Stratoskater likes this.

16. Stratoskater

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    So let’s start talking dates. I would guess a Saturday or Sunday would works best with folks having to travel. Would need to get a list of tunes together and give everyone some time to practice/learn them. I’m thinking maybe mid to late May could work. I’m free pretty much every weekend.

PinkFloydfan91 likes this.

17. GunMonkeyINTL

GunMonkeyINTL Strat-O-Master

Feb 5, 2015
    NC
    I’d let you borrow back your Electric Mistress if you need a flanger for it, but I still don’t think I’m down for playing for an audience yet.

ETA: if you all wanted to do Rogue diffr’nt, I could offer you a place with electricity where you could launch 100+ watters with no risk of anyone telling you to turn it down.

Bodean and PinkFloydfan91 like this.

18. PinkFloydfan91

PinkFloydfan91 Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2010
    Burlington,NC
    Heck man I picked up a vintage Electric Mistress from 1976 recently. I may want to compare them. Thanks for the offer.

19. Stratoskater

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    These events are for all levels. There will be at least 3 or more guitars in every song so if you get a bit lost just turn down the volume till you’re back on track. Also no judgment at all here and these are great places to learn.

So are you saying you have a place we can hold the event at? That would be awesome!

20. Tone Guru

Tone Guru Senior Stratmaster

Dec 13, 2011
    Music City TN
    I occasionally get over that way, usually in the summer.
    I'll watch for the date in case it coincides with an outing.