Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

North Carolina (and other states of course) Jam

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Stratoskater, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Groovey

Groovey Senior Stratmaster

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA

2. GunMonkeyINTL

GunMonkeyINTL Strat-O-Master

Feb 5, 2015
    NC
    The wife has a 5-piece Tama drum kit. It’s nothing fancy, but it booms and pows like it should. Will need a drummer, though, as I can guarantee my wife won’t play it in front of anyone else. The extent of both our skill is fuzzy basement punk type stuff, and we’re not even that good at that.

PA I assume is for the vocals? The only thing I have that I think can be used for that is a Mustang III. I’ve heard people have used them for vocal amps, but I have no idea how the different instruments are supposed to stack up in power.

For guitar, I have a 100w closed-back 4x12 with greenbacks that could probably handle any amp anyone drug in- otherwise, we could feed it my 60w SuperSonic.

My only bass amp is a 135w SS 1x15”, so I don’t know how it’d stack up, but I do have a Fender P-Bass, if no one brought one.

Depending on where we set up, I have a generator big enough to run everything. Otherwise, we’d need to pool extension cords. There’s 3 or 4 places that would be decent, and a couple of them are where we could move everything under cover pretty quick if we needed to.

One good spot is next to the steel building where I keep my tractor. It has an 8’ wide door on each side. If we had to, we could keep the electronics running in there, and put up a couple of those pop-up picnic shelters in front of the door.

Scheduling is going to be the though part for me. I don’t have any international travel coming up that I know of, but I do get domestic trips that sometimes pop up unexpectedly. I can usually make sure I am home on an important weekend when I need to, but there is at least a little risk there.

Stratoskater and Groovey like this.

3. Vjerilood

Vjerilood Senior Stratmaster

Jul 30, 2017
    USA
    I can play drums if a designated skins person is not recruited.

Stratoskater likes this.

4. R00STER

R00STER Strat-Talker

Nov 21, 2016
    US
    Yeah I can trade off and play some drums as well. I do that at the blues jam I go to.

Stratoskater likes this.

5. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    @GunMonkeyINTL, That all sounds great for the setup. Yes the PA would be for vocals as there are usually 4 or more mics set up for singers. We will definitely need to find a PA to use with. FOH speakers. That is awesome you have kit at your place for drummer(s) to use.

So everyone let's start throwing out some dates when folks are available so we can nail this down. Like I said I'm free pretty much any weekend.

Groovey likes this.

6. Vjerilood

Vjerilood Senior Stratmaster

Jul 30, 2017
    USA
    Me too, any time on the weekend.

Stratoskater likes this.

7. Groovey

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    With a gang of this size it wouldn't be too expensive to rent a PA and speakers.

I'll start with dates. I can't get away in May. Doesn't mean you guys can't jam then if that's best.

May
    June 9 or 16
    July 7 or 14
    Aug 4 or 11

8. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    I can do any of those weekends it looks like. Maybe the ones in June would be better before it gets to 100 degrees around here.

Groovey likes this.

9. Groovey

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA

10. El_Pistolero

El_Pistolero Strat-Talker

Nov 27, 2015
    North Carolina
    I'm going to my brother's graduation ceremony the weekend of May 25. But I feel bad giving my schedule input since I'm house hunting currently, so the weekend can suddenly be booked at the drop of a hat.