Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NPD ambient madness

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by GuitarPix, Jul 11, 2018.

1. GuitarPix

GuitarPix Senior Stratmaster

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    Well this should be an interesting pedal to add into my blues mix, Earthquaker Afterneath - a delay and reverb pedal that has its own rules it seems.

Tried it in the store and walked away, but had to go back today to grab it. Oh dear, what madness this way lies.

IMG_1621.jpg

2. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2011
    Austin
    I just watched a video on utube of this pedal...sounds really cool! Congrats!

david57strat likes this.

3. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member

dv.jpg

Looking forward to some tracks, I dig ambient and ambient-related acoustical vibrations.

4. Raiders757

Raiders757 Senior Stratmaster

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    That's a wild pedal. Have fun dialing in some crazy tones. HNPD!

david57strat likes this.

5. Stratbats

Stratbats Strat-Talker

Feb 16, 2018
    WV
    "Diffuse, Dampen & Drag".... Damn! (Sounds like a law firm.)

david57strat and circles like this.

6. GuitarPix

GuitarPix Senior Stratmaster

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    Twisting the Drag knob while there’s still sound adds some interesting sound effects, like adjusting the length on on a delay pedal, but different.

I’ve set the mix and length fairly low so it comes across as a slightly odd reverb pedal, but I up those for some finger picked tunes.

It seams to have built in pre-delay, it swells in sound after a bit after a note, but that doesn’t seem adjustable.

david57strat likes this.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    Pawnee, Indiana
    I listened to demos of it.
    I'm not a pedal guy, but that sounds really, really cool. It's the type of music that I like to make, but it wouldn't be a whole lot of use to me in our upbeat music live setting.

I love the sound of it.

david57strat likes this.

8. Hudman_1

Hudman_1 Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

May 12, 2018
    Gibraltar Michigan
    Congrats. Earthquaker Devices makes awesome pedals. I picked up their “The Depths” pedal last week. Very cool stuff.

david57strat and GuitarPix like this.

9. The-Kid

The-Kid Most Honored Senior Member

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Congrats man EQD pedals are awesome. Super hipster but sound amazing!!!#!#

10. Groovey

Groovey Senior Stratmaster

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    I checked the demo too. This thing sounds wild!!

11. david57strat

david57strat Strat-Talk Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Huntington Beach, CA
    It's definitely an amazing pedal. I picked up mine in May, and am still getting used to how to dial stuff in. It's, undoubtedly, the most unusual/unconventional digital reverb unit I've ever had, in a pedal (I've used BOSS RV-3 and RV-5 units, or the reverb algorithms built into the GT-3 and GT-10, which are wonderful, but not as wild as this V2).

I love mine :).

I watched seemingly countless video reviews of the V2, on YouTube; but the one that prompted me to finally buy it, was this one:

I've been using mostly rack equipment, for twenty plus years after having parted with all of my pedals. Now, I'm rebuilding the pedal setup. Picking pedals one at a time (in most cases), some, used. It's been a slow-going process; but maybe it's better this way.

As each pedal is added, I hook it up, and thoroughly experiment with it, to see how it interacts with the other pedals. I'm probably eight to ten pedals away from having all the tones I've had in the racks, and then some.

I have yet to mount them on an actual pedal board - something I've never done, previously, in spite of how many pedals I used to have.

Eventually, a good switching system will need to be added. Until then, I guess I'll be back to doing the stomp box dance lol.

This whole new wave of pedals thing started out innocently enough with the Canyon Delay and the Flashback 2:

[​IMG]

Then, the Afterneath V2 and a used tc Corona Chorus:

[​IMG]

Already had the Polytune2 Noir tuner (awesome tuner), but added the Xotic SP Compressor, which seems extremely useful, but unbelievably simple to use:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got the feeling this is going to be a never-ending cycle lol. They're addicting!

I've had that Pedal Power 2 Plus for years, since my last round of pedals. At this rate, I'm probably going to need at least a second one, before the year is out :|

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018

12. david57strat

david57strat Strat-Talk Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Same here. This is an ambient musician's dream, come true.

I'm still struggling with dialing in more conventional sounds with it, but the massive ambient sounds it produces are superb.

Another reverb pedal on my list (I'm big on reverb options) is Neunaber's Immerse - another incredible pedal.

GuitarPix and circles like this.

13. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Senior Stratmaster

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    @david57strat That video may prompt me to buy it too. Thanks for posting. I’ve been using an outmoded and outdated POD XT for those kinds of sounds but it can only do so much.

david57strat and GuitarPix like this.

14. Guitaraxe

Guitaraxe Strat-O-Master

Aug 22, 2015
    States