Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

NPD! Cry baby

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Moopha, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Moopha

Moopha Strat-O-Master

Jan 29, 2011
    Northern Caucasus
    Hello fellow Strat-Talkers!

I have recently got my long-waited package from Amazon: it contains the newer pedal for me:

It's a Dunlop Cry Baby Original (aka GCB-95)

image-3287859220.jpg

It is a pretty new experience for me in guitar sound, so it promises to be really exciting!

It is standard model, but I already want to mod it with true bypass and newer fasel, if you please, wouldn't you share links to order these DIY kits? Thank you!

2. geetar

geetar Strat-O-Master

Dec 7, 2010
    Ireland
    check the fasel first before you buy a new one.

i was surprised to find my one came stock with a red fasel.

the "halo" one is the only step up rom that AFAIK.

check out this site, click "DIY Resources", and theres a good description of mods, and what they do and what parts you need.

Castledine Electronics

there's a few kits on ebay that come with pretty much everything mentioned in the article.

i do reccomend using trimpots for the vocal, gain and midrange resistors, so you can tweak them until youre happy.

3. Moopha

Moopha Strat-O-Master

Jan 29, 2011
    Northern Caucasus
    Bumping topic...

I have just opened its backdoor and found this fasel.

Is this a genuine the Red Fasel?

It means that I must not order a stock one? great :D

Attached Files:

4. FosterF

FosterF Strat-Talk Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Tennessee
    It sure is! Congrats! ;)

5. LeftyBlake

LeftyBlake Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 25, 2009
    The Evergreen State
    I love the original Crybabies. Try running a long cable from the wah to your next pedal to take out some of the highs. To my ears, it makes the all the way down position a little more usable.

Sent from my Droid using Strat Forum app

6. FosterF

FosterF Strat-Talk Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Tennessee
    I did that with mine for a while. Works really well! And it also allows the buffer to do it's job correctly! Which avoids all the negative effects of the buffer

7. Moopha

Moopha Strat-O-Master

Jan 29, 2011
    Northern Caucasus
    Nice too! I have tried a longer cable than patch and result is real and sounding!

But it was an older Proel, I have recently upgraded my cables to the better Klotz, so next time I'll order 5 feet cable specially for Cry baby :)

As for mod, I have found this at eBay, I guess it is what I need for true bypass & LED: http://bit.ly/tlt5nA

I really want to avoid any routine in finding components or parts, so combo packages like this are perfect in my approach.