Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Oh no, what have i done?

Discussion in 'Bands on the Run' started by GuitarPix, Jun 28, 2018.

1. GuitarPix

GuitarPix Senior Stratmaster

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    The band I talked about splitting up in the "Well that sucks" post: http://www.strat-talk.com/threads/well-that-sucks.463537/#post-3076313 - just got a gig in a venue I've been trying to book for a while, so I accepted.

Don't want to work with that drummer again, the keyboard player is in Europe (has a blues band there), the singer has moved 1000 k away, the bass player hasn't spoken to me since then.

Now I have to put a band together - new people, same idea. It was my name, I built the website and did all the marketing - oh yeah, I put the band together in the first place, so...I have no hesitation to keep using it. And I love the name "The Big Heat."

Talked to a drummer a couple of days ago interested in a project. It's a start.

LOL - the s#!t I get myself into sometimes.

2. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    Sorry but that's just funny.. :)

abnormaltoy and GuitarPix like this.

3. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    Can you play drums and guitar at the same time?

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 5.37.44 PM.png

4. GuitarPix

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    I have sat at a kit and did the kick / high hat thing. I draw the line at the pan flute though.

5. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    Oh man....

abnormaltoy likes this.

6. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2015
    Mukilteo
    Hope it works out for you!

abnormaltoy likes this.

7. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

8. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va
    Good luck. How much time do you have ?

9. wayoutjohn

wayoutjohn Strat-Talker

Mar 27, 2018
    NJ

10. GuitarPix

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    Mid september so have lots of time.

I once played with a drummer/bass player combo who were great, two practices and we did a gig. However I lost money on that gig 'cause I had to pay them their full rate - we pulled an okay but not big audience but the cover was only $5.

abnormaltoy and johnnymg like this.

11. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Better you than me. I am really not at all good at the networking, finding players stuff. I am suffering from that right now.

12. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Here's me and bands....

giphy.gif

s5tuart, ukoldgit, velvet_man and 3 others like this.

13. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Senior Stratmaster

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Yeah I remember that episode of Three’s Company.

abnormaltoy and GuitarPix like this.

14. GuitarPix

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    It’s an area I struggle with as well. That and getting gigs - so when this one came up I had to take it; damn the torpedos, full speed ahead.

But I talked with my favourite bass player and he’s on board. I don’t think he’s up for joining a band but we’ll see, if I keep booking him for gig then maybe....

15. Dadocaster

I have kinda the opposite problem. My kid and I work on stuff together, he is great on drums and bass but not so much both at the same time. We have another guitar player that could play with us on either bass or guitar but I DON'T WANT TO GO TRIO. Too much stress on me. So my kid is being moved to drum kit for jazz band at school off of bass, so he is more drums right now, which leaves me trying to find a bass player but we would only be able to play a gig maybe once every 3 months so it's not like a big paying deal...

Now I have upset myself just recounting it...

Mansonienne and abnormaltoy like this.

16. GuitarPix

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    White Stripes, Harpoonist and The Axe Murderer, and lots of other garageband style bands - no bass player.

I just read something about a guitarist putting a special pickup on a guitar that only grabbed the low E and A strings which were fed to an octave pedal dialled an octave down. Taking that the next step, add a looper pedal....

Or, ask yourself why you really don't want a third person - don't want to deal with the logistics? don't want to spoil something special with your son? had a bad experience with a clown/devil/bass player as a child? Whatever the issue is, you're not wrong to feel that way, just need to figure out what is the ideal solution to the problem that would make you look forward to it.

abnormaltoy likes this.

17. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Senior Stratmaster

Mar 1, 2016
    England & France
    Forget the bass.. find someone who can play keys. Any decent keyboard player can play bass on the keys.. fills out the mix so well too.. :thumb:

18. Dadocaster

Ooops, I must have expressed myself poorly again, what I want is to be a quartet. Trio or Whitestripe fashion is too much effort for me. I don't want to be responsible for keeping the songs together, singing, playing leads....

I have delved into the idea of bass sim/octave divider and have also seen people talk about those 2 string pickups.

Yah know, though, drums two guitars and some care in the arrangements could work.

abnormaltoy likes this.

19. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy BushBaby Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson
    Tonight on Jerry Springer..."Why Men Stay In Abusive Bands: Guitarists And The Bands They Love To Hate".

Congratulations?

20. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France