Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Oh no, what have i done?

Discussion in 'Bands on the Run' started by GuitarPix, Jun 28, 2018.

1. GuitarPix

GuitarPix Senior Stratmaster

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    Two questions- how important is flexibility during performance to? Click track and programmed bass? And, alternatively, what about one guitarist playing baritone or 8 string? Most people probably wouldn’t notice it isn’t actually a bass if parts arranged right. I’ve seen a jazz guitarist with an 8 string for finger style arrangements.

2. ukoldgit

ukoldgit Senior Stratmaster

Feb 20, 2018
    Wiltshire UK
    Have you considered the Foreign Legion?

foreign legion.jpg

abnormaltoy and Lovnmesomestrat like this.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    Pawnee, Indiana
    Don't know how "churchy" of a guy you are, I'm not very "churchy" myself, but I find myself playing in church worship bands at least once or twice per month, due to longtime friendships. And I'll tell you what, if you find the right place or combo of places, there are some incredibly gifted musicians in some of these places who just love to play music, for the love of it. Money is a bonus.

The bassist/guitarist/piano player and the drummer i'm now starting our quartet with are hungry to play, and exceptionally talented.. way better than any joker I would pull off of a business card or a craigslist ad.. plus I already know them and their personalities.

4. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Thanks all. @nickmsmith smith @GuitarPix I appreciate you taking time to advise, especially since it ain't my thread. :D

I am not an organizer or leader type but this little deal is about the stuff my kid and I have done the last couple of years. It's like a vanity project, but we can actually play. :D The thing is, we have very little time, a lot of normal life commitments, we don't care about the money and we can probably only manage to play quarterly. What I think I need is to find some other musicians that are maybe in school full time or people like me that have hard jobs and odd schedules but that still would like to play some. We are talking about me putting together recordings of all the originals to distribute to everyone playing, most learning being done individually, rehearse maybe every 2 or 3 weeks, then if we find a gig getting in an extra rehearsal and then going out to play. One set. Loud. Punk. Loose. Jam vibe.

Those people will tend to be hard to find. They are probably out there, can play plenty well, but have given up on trying to do any projects. I need to be out talking to people, I think.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    abnormaltoy likes this.

5. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Senior Stratmaster

Jun 10, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    It sounds like the excrement has collided with the ventilator.. I hope you find some new band mates though.

abnormaltoy likes this.

6. sertshark

sertshark Strat-Talk Member

May 11, 2014
    Oakdale, CA
    That's funny. Well, not really "funny," but it makes me laugh to myself a little because it makes me realize I'm not the only one who is frustrated with this issue... While part of me usually wants to start a band from scratch, because then I can make sure it is the type of music I want to play, musicians I want to play with, locations I want to play, and all that, on the other hand it is not a lot of fun finding musicians sometimes, and then once you start getting together to learn Song #1, then #2, then #3, and then scratch #1 because someone doesn't like it, and then so on and so forth. I think that is why I often end up singing in bands, not because I like to sing but because it can be so hard to find people that are a: committed and b: cool to be around after a while and c: on the same wavelength. So then, I sometimes feel like I just want to find a band that needs a guitar player and has all the gigs, songs, etc already set in place... But then in that case, at some point you end up feeling like you'd like to have some input... No wonder bands don't usually last for more than a year or two...

abnormaltoy and JustABluesGuy like this.

7. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy BushBaby Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson

Surely you geste, breau

ukoldgit, Dadocaster and GuitarPix like this.