Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Ok, time for refret or just leveling at this point??

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Fuzzybunnyballz, Jun 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Lewisville, TX
    Looks like it was owned and played by Sasquatch.

TheDuck likes this.
  2. baconjerky

baconjerky Strat-Talk Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Richmond
    I’d normally agree but not here. Leveling would be a waste of dough. There’s so little meat left what’s the point. It’s only a matter of time for a refret.

Yea those necks are certainly expensive. It’ll cost you just as much to get a new one as it’d be to put stainless on what you have now.

snakestretcher likes this.
  3. artgtr

artgtr Senior Stratmaster

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    I had a refret done on my 1984 AVRI - the guitar is perfect but the frets were shot. Cost me $250. For the refret, but it took some time - the luthier who did it, had my guitar for 6 months. I was getting upset about the time & found he was sick & ended up n the hospital. He did a fantastic job, I couldn’t be happier with the results.
    It was not playable with its original frets.

4. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Strat-Talker

Nov 30, 2009
    England
    You could level them, but there's a lot of metal to lose and the feel would change considerably; you'd be down to almost the level of 'vintage' low fret wire. Personally I would go with a re-fret using the wire gauge of your choice. I prefer a taller fret so I'm playing more fret than wood, if that makes sense.