Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Ok, time for refret or just leveling at this point??

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Fuzzybunnyballz, Jun 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Lewisville, TX
    Looks like it was owned and played by Sasquatch.

TheDuck likes this.

2. baconjerky

baconjerky Strat-Talk Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Richmond
    I’d normally agree but not here. Leveling would be a waste of dough. There’s so little meat left what’s the point. It’s only a matter of time for a refret.

Yea those necks are certainly expensive. It’ll cost you just as much to get a new one as it’d be to put stainless on what you have now.

snakestretcher likes this.

3. artgtr

artgtr Senior Stratmaster

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    I had a refret done on my 1984 AVRI - the guitar is perfect but the frets were shot. Cost me $250. For the refret, but it took some time - the luthier who did it, had my guitar for 6 months. I was getting upset about the time & found he was sick & ended up n the hospital. He did a fantastic job, I couldn’t be happier with the results.
    It was not playable with its original frets.

4. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Strat-Talker

Nov 30, 2009
    England
    You could level them, but there's a lot of metal to lose and the feel would change considerably; you'd be down to almost the level of 'vintage' low fret wire. Personally I would go with a re-fret using the wire gauge of your choice. I prefer a taller fret so I'm playing more fret than wood, if that makes sense.