Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Okay let's hear about favorite super-strats

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by highwaystar30, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Tone Guru

Tone Guru Senior Stratmaster

Dec 13, 2011
    Music City TN
    The original Fender "SuperStrat", THE STRAT of 1980.
    This version of Stratocaster was actually referred to in some Fender literature as "Super Strat".
    Or even better, The STRAT Walnut.

TheStratWalnut.jpg

2. highwaystar30

highwaystar30 Strat-Talker

Sep 20, 2015
    Turkey
    Sorry that I may have left the tread off a little early, I thought it was over. Do any of you have experience with these Charvel Super Stock guitars?
    http://www.charvel.com/guitars/limi...per-stock-dk24-ebony-fingerboard-satin-black/
    [​IMG]
    This is not my ideal Charvel looks, more Jackson (as it seems it is intended to be), but could Special Stocks be substantially better than regular Mexican Charvels?
    Honestly I would have to buy online without trying if I went for one of these or similar, not that I never did that in the past.

shupe13 likes this.

3. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    It's been about 6 years now that I took a Jackson Dinky and modified it from a strat type bridge to the same Jackson bridge you had on yours. I made a copper sustain block for mine though and routed the body for it to float. It took me a while but I finally got it set up right and I really like the JT-6 bridge. It's just a unique, cool looking, comfortable bridge to play.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    albala likes this.

4. highwaystar30

Sep 20, 2015
    Turkey
    Gentlemen, I think I will be trading my Les Paul for a 2008 US Charvel soon. It goes as a 2008 US San Dimas So-cal... if you know about that period in USA Charvel history I would appreciate if you share. Maybe I open another tread on it, so I will not stop pestering the forum for answers, best regards to you all great people. Have a good one.

5. smithstrato

smithstrato Senior Stratmaster

Aug 25, 2013
    Para Para

+1 on Kramers
    Floyds are great once you get them dialed in .

6. unionjack515

unionjack515 Senior Stratmaster

Apr 3, 2011
    Batavia, Illinois
    That room. Wow. Not that I’m opposed to wine, but would be much more my speed with beers on the shelves.

7. TA1996

TA1996 New Member!

Dec 30, 2017
    England
    Being a big fan of 90's era Metallica (Don't knock it the load era albums are underrated) it is perhaps no suprise my favourite super Strat type guitar is my ESP KH-2
    Delivers that classic sound, even moreso with the 18V EMG mod!
    [​IMG]

8. Gladius

Gladius Strat-Talk Member

May 17, 2014
    China
    Only super strat I need.

9. highwaystar30

Sep 20, 2015
    Turkey
    yeah it is super cool, and it is a strat, so I say it counts :thumb:

10. highwaystar30

Sep 20, 2015
    Turkey
    ESP's are great. Load era Metallica sucks. But that is beside the point.
    Edir: Sorry I think that was rude.. I am just a conservative guy, I want kill'em all forever, tend to get upset with change.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018

11. BryMelvin

BryMelvin Strat-O-Master

Feb 13, 2014
    AZ
    Well I own a Yamaha RGZ. (not made any more) envision yamaha of Fender standard quality,and a Kramer. My son has some Ibanezes , A Nuno sig, a graphite fingerboard Dean and a neck thru Custom ESP.

They all do the Job although I don't really like floyds. All of min3 have vintage trem or hardtail.

highwaystar30 likes this.

12. highwaystar30

Sep 20, 2015
    Turkey
    My first decent quality guitar was a Yamaha superstrat with Floyd and active pups. It truely inspired me back then as a 13 years old and pushed my practicing . I don't think I would like its sound with the actives now, but it played incredibly well, sustain was huge, the feel of the neck and the smooth heel joint was so good it almost beated the more usual 13 years old tactile interests, so I practiced hours and days on end in my room without getting much unbalanced by the typical 13 years old situation. I can't tell sure if it was an Rgx but very likely,. It was a neck-through.
    I was lately trying to find a trade for my Les Paul which I don't bond with, and started checking out super-strats, hence this tread. I think it is that first great guitar experience that was guiding me somewhere in my guts. I found an incredible deal on a MM Steve Morse guitar with floyd, but the guy needed cash and I didn't have enough of that. Presently the Les Paul is up on sale, but I grabbed a used Prs Se Torrero that was a pretty good bargain . I gave the guy the EMGs for a very small discount on the price, now it is waiting for me putting new electronics and pickups and getting a set up. t-This guitar is a neck-through, great sustain is its real point of sell I think, although this probably is a different profile from the Yamaha, there is very similar feel in the neck because of the paint and lacquer, and the perfect heel is there too. Hope it works out with this one, I usually don't hold much interest in Korean or Mexican made guitars. I must say the Yamaha was a much more refined feeling and looking instrument, but don't care, the essential core feel is there for me in the Torero. It is actually a 25.5 scale too, so this counts a super-strat (although there could be an argument against neck-throughs there, but probably not)
    So hail and praise Yamahas, fine made and reliable, almost faultless they tend to be in my experience, welcome Prs Se's, and SteveMorse just hold there until I sell my Les Paul. Kindly thanks for reading.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018

13. bdtunaman

bdtunaman Strat-Talk Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Buffalo ny
    The fretboard on that guitar is awesome, almost feels like a classical guitar

TA1996 likes this.

14. Ruscio

Ruscio Strat-Talker

Nov 14, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    highwaystar30 likes this.

15. TA1996

TA1996 New Member!

Dec 30, 2017
    England
    Hey no worries we are all entitled to our own opinions, personally Kill'em all is my least favourite 'Tallica album.

16. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    I have an 1986 Charvel Model 6. First run with the Kahler bridge

I LOVE IT

20141007_120951.jpg 20141007_120931.jpg

17. highwaystar30

Sep 20, 2015
    Turkey
    Yeah actually mine too when I think about, I am not sure why I chose to say that...
    Edir: I won't let you hurt my feelings, no way :D
    I doubt classic Metallica afficiandos would think it is that great, but I really like Justice for All...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018

18. highwaystar30

Sep 20, 2015
    Turkey
    I am sure it is a great guitar, but for all I hear, I think going from Floyd Rose to Kahler is part of the story of Charvel going downhill quality-wise.

19. highwaystar30

Sep 20, 2015
    Turkey
    Cool guitar I was eyeballing that one when checking out what Ibanez got for me a while ago. The one below is another version of the same guitar for anyone interested, I would probably pick this for a Mahogany RG, if it was only for the looks.
    RG657PB_AGF_00_01.png

shupe13 and Ruscio like this.

20. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Not sure what you mean by that...
    Jackson and Charvel both have a long history of using both bridges. And both bridges offer licensed (i.e. inferior) versions which often come stock on mid-level guitars.

TA1996 likes this.