Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

old fenix guitars anyone have one

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by houseguitarshop, Sep 14, 2010.

1. houseguitarshop

houseguitarshop Strat-O-Master

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone owns a fenix guitar with the original headstock design.

they were made by the young chang factory in korea who made high end pianos.

from Wikipedia

During the late 1980s and early 1990s, Young Chang manufactured Squier electric guitars and basses for Fender Musical Instruments Corporation, and also manufactured electric guitars and basses under their own "Fenix" brand.[1] However, because of the similarities to the Fender brand and instruments, Young Chang could not sell the Fenix instruments due to licensing issues with Fender, and production stopped.[citation needed] In 1998, Young Chang built a new $40 million dollar factory in Tianjin, China to manufacture its new Bergmann line

I think I have a young chang squier that was suppose to be a fenix guitar, due to lawsuit I think the left over parts were made into squiers.

notice the string trees, and trem block looks identical to the squier

Attached Files:

2. Wayne D.

Wayne D. Senior Stratmaster

House, I think you just missed out on one on eBay somebody was parting out. Check the body-380246650812 and the neck-380255212098. I think the pickups are on there now.

3. Wayne D.

Wayne D. Senior Stratmaster

Sorry House i misread your post wrong the first time. You already have one looking to see if anyone else had one to compare with yours. Well that new eBay buyer does now. lol

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. houseguitarshop

no mine is not a fexix, mine is a squier that I think was suppose to be a fenix guitar but due to the similarities of the two brands fenix could not sell their guitars and ened up putting a squier logo and some fender hardware on the leftover parts.

I am looking for a picture of a guitar that has the fender headstock shape and the fenix logo

6. dmuncaster

dmuncaster Strat-O-Master

7. torkman13

torkman13 New Member!

Fenix Guitars

Hi not sure how to reply to this post about fenix but I have got a Fenix guitar old type in fact I have 5 strats,4 tele's, 1 SG , 1 Les Paul, 7 accustics and 5 bases all by Fenix. What would you like to know about Fenix.

torkman13

8. houseguitarshop

Well,

the pictures at the top, the headstocks look like fender headstocks before fenix had to change the headstock shape.

do your guitars have the fender shaped headstocks or the newer fenix headstocks?

9. houseguitarshop

here is my squier E7 young chang factory guitar

squier stratocaster

looks like the old fenix guitars

Attached Files:

• mik.jpg
      mik.jpg
      File size:
      95.6 KB
      Views:
  10. houseguitarshop

please post some pictures if you have some, any info you know would be nice,

the E1, E7 and some E9 korea made squiers have alot of unknowns about them.

alot of people think they are leftover japan stock, fitted with American made hardware.

I read one place that fenix was contracted to make squiers for a while, due to similartiys with fenix own branded guitars and squier guitars, fenix could not release a few of guitars.

my thoughts are these were just brand and squiers fitted with fender hardware and sold.

If you have a fenix guitar, and its identical to a squier E7 korea then the fenix theroy would be more believable.

11. guitarzilla

guitarzilla New Member!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  12. guitarzilla

guitarzilla New Member!

I have one. And I can`t find any pics or info on it anywhere. It`s amazing "Fenix by Young Chang" Original electric guitar I found in a pawn shop. It cost $90 USD, and bought it for (for parts) the Floyd Rose Trem and Double coil PU to install on a strat. But I strung it up and played it, IT IS AN AMAZING GUITAR! So I`ve been searching for more "Fenix by Young Chang" Original guitars too (not fenders). I don`t know what pick-ups these are But they are spectacular in quality and tone. All I know about this Guitar is there`s nothing on the back of the head stock but the serial# E911+[4 more digits]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  13. guitarzilla

guitarzilla New Member!

Have I perhaps ran into something rare here with this guitar?!... It does not say on the guitar where it was made. I know that the head stock is the same shape and same style writing (Fenix by Young Chang) on the head stock as a few other Fenix (NON-Fender) guitars all having the Floyd Rose tremolo and double coil pu at bridge. Mine is Black, his other Originals I seen had Greenish and sun burst colors... I hope someone can tell me more about it.
    http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/mem...-does-anyone-have-any-info-amazing-guitar.jpg

http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/mem...-does-anyone-have-any-info-amazing-guitar.jpg

14. houseguitarshop

no pictures of a real fenix hu

15. 1998ccc

1998ccc Strat-Talk Member

16. 1998ccc

See any clues House?

One thing I noticed was that neither of the linked Fenix guitars have a skunk stripe while the E1 Squier does even with rosewood.

17. boardwalk

boardwalk New Member!

Hi , new to the forum
    I was looking for some info on my Fenix strat , I have a bright red strat , with a a maple neck and varnished maple finger board, it had a tremelo arm but got lost somehow. It has the " skunk stripe" i think you refer to on the back.
    Serial no. is E798957 and made in Korea sticker on the back.
    I bought the guitar new in either '91 or '92 for approx. £190.00
    I will post some pics ( when i've given it a clean !)

would love any input , and possible value, not that i'm looking to sell -- just out of interest
    Thanks

18. 1998ccc

Welcome.

My experience with Fenix is trying to figure out what ties they have to the early MIK Squiers. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

There is a Facebook page for them if you haven't seen that.

Fenix Guitars | Facebook

19. boardwalk

boardwalk New Member!

pics of fenix

SAM_0520.jpg
    SAM_0520.jpg

Attached Files:

20. boardwalk

boardwalk New Member!

will try again tomorrow!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  21. boardwalk

boardwalk New Member!

Thanks , I have just discovered that my fenix is in fact an ST10 , solid maple neck and solid alder body - nickel silver frets as well !