Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Once in a lifetime chance!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by abnormaltoy, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Silvercrow

Silvercrow Senior Stratmaster

Nov 6, 2014
    Bucks County, Pa.
    Ya know, if might be fun to put a little serious brain power to this...hmmm...gonna start a thread!

Most of my threads die pretty quickly. But reality never stopped me from trying things before!

Brian

abnormaltoy likes this.
  2. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I got mine. Gibson, do what you want. The LP has been out of print before...

ggg2.jpg

Besides, there are many guitar makers out there to carry on the Gibson(-type) torch.

Yaralag and abnormaltoy like this.
  3. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

So a set neck takes more time to make and a Gibson Standard is what about 3500.00 Canadian Dollars new.

Why not make a Gibson Standard bolt on neck for say 1500.00 Canadian

rafasounds and abnormaltoy like this.
  4. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy BushBaby Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson

Because then it would be an oddly shaped Tele.

5. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Senior Stratmaster

Mar 1, 2016
    England & France
    Tokai make better Gibsons than Gibson.. at a better price too. Time to quit while you're behind.. :whistling:

6. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Tokai make better Gibsons than Gibson.. at a better price too. Time to quit while you're behind...

7. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Tokai make better Fenders than Fender.. at a better price too. Time to quit while you're behind

8. rolandson

rolandson Most Honored Senior Member

I'd have thought that some experience in quality control and perhaps production might be of interest.

Reading the requisites however, it appears as though Gibson's board hasn't learned a thing.

Ebidis and abnormaltoy like this.
  9. rolandson

I thought a minor edit was in order.

I think that Gibson forsake its roots when it all but abandoned its archtops in favor of the Les Paul.

That, and of course the mad race to the bottom through the ill conceived notion that acquiring almost tangentially related businesses, to corner an extremely limited market....

Brilliant!

Strat Jacket and abnormaltoy like this.
  10. Mr C

Mr C Senior Stratmaster

Feb 17, 2016
    New Zealand
    In my experience Running a business That size is 50% People, and the rest is mostly sales and networking. They should have a capable ops director to look after the Production with the skill set and personality type to drive the product QC. I’ve rarely seen someone from an ops background make it to the top chair and be successful.

Gibson needs someone that understands how to connect a product to its market, it doesn’t matter whether they have guitar experience. There isn’t anything special about guitars versus other manufactured consumer goods. Gibson’s real competion isn’t Fender, it’s Xbox’s and PlayStations and Call of duty...

11. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    From the forum rules:

ALTERING QUOTED COMMENTS:
    Editing someone's words to alter the content of their quote is not permitted. Editing a quote to single out one phrase or sentence or to shorten the quote is permitted. But when you quote another member's post leave the original post author's words INTACT for the part that you quote. This applies to "jokes" as well as for any other reason.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  12. rolandson

My reading of this rule leads me to conclude that my manipulation of the text does in fact leave the quote intact. In the same manner that your rendering my text in bold leaves the quoted portion intact.

However if you believe that a strike through is violating the forum rules, I encourage you to report it.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  13. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Peardale CA
    Look no further...
    It's Mois....
    I could get off on
    A large mahogany desk...
    With
    Islay scotch in each drawer...
    Well...
    How bad could it get...
    What the check....
    They've tried smart guys....
    Put me in that office...
    Take a few golf lessons from Bill Murray...
    Bring in some ST folks...
    Like that luther in Latvia, for quality control...
    And
    @Mansonienne , she's got a valid passport...
    And
    @Rogue Bohemian
    for class...
    I have more ideas, but I'll save em for pizza day in the board room...

We won't tell anyone about the topless secretaries...

14. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 19, 2011
    somewhere
    well in that case......

abnormaltoy and Will Lefeurve like this.
  15. AncientAx

AncientAx Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 24, 2010
    Maryland
  16. Yaralag

Yaralag Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 28, 2014
    Cypress, TX
    I didn’t tell you, I’ve already been approached about the position, but I turned them down. Henry’s advisory position was already stifling my creativity with Gibson. Plus, my affiliation with strat talk was sure to raise some eyebrows around the water cooler.

17. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 19, 2011
    somewhere
    hmmmmm getting deep again...

upload_2018-8-10_6-43-37.png

18. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    Afternoon jams in the lobby !!

Yaralag, Mansonienne and abnormaltoy like this.
  19. cappei

cappei Strat-O-Master

Jun 24, 2017
    Quillota, Valparaíso, Chile
    I get the quality control, but really ... why everything with a gibson name on it has to be stupidly expensive. I could give the downpaiment for a house with one of them costy guitars.

Why not to enforce maybe epiphone? instead of replacing the motherpearl inlais and headstocks for cheap plastic, the could have invested a lil more on that line. After all, I bet thah out of the US the vast majority of the Gibson-ish products consumers go for epis and that kind of thing.
    And guess what, epis LP don't have the ultra bended headstock wich make them safer and stay in tune longer

I think Gibson and Fender should start thinking global, and not so down on the US. But how you gonna sell gibsons in china if chibsons are awesome for the price. I've seen tons of vids about how good they play, and everybody whom I know to ever owned one, was happy with it. Hell, my korean epi was better than a guys 2015 standard.

So if quality control is a thing, why not make a cheaper line? like Ibanez with their RG line? And talk what you will about marshall mg's but they are EVERYWHERE I go, wich always makes me wonder why the hate (like that garfield episode of "if its on tv, it has to be true : today - yogurth, why everybody hates it, but everybody buys it) wich lead me to think that you do can get the best of both worlds in terms of guitar makin - world selling

Yaralag, rafasounds and abnormaltoy like this.
  20. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Peardale CA
    Wow
    I just woke up...
    Friday's a bummer already

Yaralag, abnormaltoy and Mansonienne like this.