Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

One of the coolest, most diverse distortion pedal I have ever had

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by jguitarnash, Jun 15, 2010.

1. jguitarnash

jguitarnash Senior Stratmaster

I just got a Radial Tonebone Classic last week. Its got a 12AX7 tube in it and I am quickly falling in love with it. This thing is really tweakable and the youtube vids dont do it justice. (not me playing but a review i found on youtube.) Its got midrange and highend adjustments, not to mention low, medium and high gain as well. Definitely worth checking out.

YouTube - ToneBone Classic Distorion Demo

2. StratDen

StratDen Senior Stratmaster

How does yours sound with your single coils versus the video's LP hums?

3. jguitarnash

jguitarnash Senior Stratmaster

It sounds great. Dig getting the many different levels of gain from one pedal. I think this pedal would sound good with any guitar.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. scotzoid

scotzoid Senior Stratmaster

Sounds cool! Couldn't help but notice that the guy admits he sold the pedal shortly after he made the video :rolleyes:
    I've been scoping out some of the real tube driven pedals for a while, only the prices have held the GAS in so far; the upside of that is it gives me plenty of time to check 'em all out until I can justify paying $200 or more on a boost/OD. I've had my eye on the Vox ToneLab, but all the digital stuff there scares a gear Neanderthal like me; The Tonebone looks like something even a caveman can work with, & at $50 less than the Blackstar Dual that had me GASsing a few months back...

6. flat_twin

flat_twin Strat-Talker

I've been very curious about the classic and the tri-mode tonebone. I've been using the pz-pre acoustic pre amp for over a year now and it's a very nice unit. I'm sure the other tonebone products are just as well thought out. Right now I'm getting by with a 30 year old DOD overdrive. Having additional control over the tone with the overdrive engaged would be great.