Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Online/downloadable jam tracks

Discussion in 'The Online Jam Forum' started by Jigglebone, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Jigglebone

Jigglebone Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Jan 20, 2017
    Southern Idaho, US
    I wasn't sure where to post this. I've been looking for jam tracks sites. I've been holding off on SoundCloud ( many complaints online from people who can't seem to cancel the service. ). Since I'm still learning, I'm mainly interested in jamming alone right now. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. 8T_BoCO

8T_BoCO Aspiring Stratospheric Stratitician Strat-Talk Supporter

Mar 2, 2016
    Colorado
    I find the variety of (free) youtube backing tracks (usually non-song specific in a particular key) pretty vast. I use half a dozen regularly.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/QuistTV/videos is one example. NowYouShred is another.

If you pay songsterr a fee, you can download backing tracks for well-known songs.
    I have no experience w/SoundCloud.

Jigglebone likes this.

3. bbarott

bbarott Most Honored Senior Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Marietta Georgia
    I make my own with Jamvox, it allows you to take an audio file and filter out the lead and vocal tracks. It works really well or so-so depending on the mix of the input track. But it's good enough for me. Also you can re-record your takes and make vids with your webcam if you like. There's no more valuable practice than watching yourself. Here's one I did with Jamvox a few years back. I need to go back and clean it up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mouse and Jigglebone like this.

4. alainvey

alainvey Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2015
    London, UK
    YouTube is your best bet. Just use any one of dozens of free sites to convert the audio to an MP3 file.

Jigglebone likes this.

5. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2011
    Austin
    That is kick butt man~!! I really like that tone and that style of music. I'm going to check out Jamvox.

6. bbarott

Mar 29, 2010
    Marietta Georgia
    Thanks man, I need to get back on it myself. JV is also pretty handy for prototyping new material too. Not really so much for authoring a high quality mix but sometimes ya just need to pick up the instrument and knock out a couple of tunes without all the hassle. If they have promise then we'll bring 'em to the band and see what happens.:)

7. Jigglebone

Jigglebone Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Jan 20, 2017
    Southern Idaho, US

That is cool! Great tone! Going to check out Jamvox tonight. Thanks!

bbarott likes this.

8. bbarott

Mar 29, 2010
    Marietta Georgia
    I think you can download a trial version. Sometimes it takes a bit of fiddling to get the extraction right. Again a lot does depend on how the input track was mixed, some tracks are more difficult, others are pretty easy. I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it though.

Jigglebone likes this.

9. heltershelton

heltershelton ROCKIN FOREVER Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    +1 on the nowyoushred backing tracks. they put up scale and arpeggio ideas also.

Jigglebone likes this.

10. jeff h

jeff h Senior Stratmaster

Jan 13, 2017
    Ohio
    guitarbackingtracks.com

You can listen to as many as you want or you can download up to 3 a day. Any cover we do in our band, I have a downloaded backing track for it to practice that way you aren't getting distracted with guitar or lyrics since I only use the ones with bass and drums.

Jigglebone and heltershelton like this.