Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Online Ordering

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by papergoblin, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:50 AM.

1. papergoblin

papergoblin Strat-Talker

Sep 21, 2017
    Alabama
    Okay before I start just want to say, I'm not really fighting mad or upset, just tired of some things. Now it is the season so it's more of a building up things (been ordering a lot of gifts online the past few weeks), lol.

I placed an order with company X, they were advertising free 1 day shipping (which all my products qualified). So the order says guaranteed delivery today (Tues. Nov. 14th) however it didn't actually leave the warehouse until this morning. So delivery now shows either tomorrow or the next day. It's not a huge difference but there's more....

Saturday I ordered a a bunch of little stuff, some of which were new cables for a pedal board. The ones I found were listed at $2.59 or $2.95 each, thought that'll work. So I add 4 to my cart among everything else and check out. Everything looks right so order done.

Sunday morning drinking coffee and check my email, order confirmation there, so I check it out. I then notice it's $40 something for the cables, that's not right. So I call where I ordered, for some reason my order was switched from 4 single cables to 6 6 pack cables.

Now when I looked over my order it said 4 cables $11 something, I thought that was total. Nope, that was each, my mistake the packs were $11 something. Now that is a better deal and never saw it when buying. So I should have paid better attention but the system shouldn't have changed my selection either.

I wasn't mad and the rep and I laughed about it. So I asked about changing since it hadn't shipped. Well I couldn't as it was already picked in the warehouse but I could send the unneeded items back, they'd give me a reduced shipping voucher and no restock charge.

I thought cool, partly my fault no biggie. He then went on to confirm 1 day shipping and just call Tuesday when it came in to start a return. Now however, they didn't even ship my stuff Monday, which just bugs me a little. I couldn't change an order because they'd packed it to ship by 9am Sunday, yet didn't ship till Tuesday morning.

I know this is a small stupid thing, especially with all the other things in the world. I just wanted to vent a little. I guess it's just that free shipping isn't really free, nothing is and that's fine but why can't companies just deliver what they promise? It's just like a refund on a card, they can take it in a second but takes days to give it back, lol.

So am I the only one this kind of stuff bugs?

Patience is really a virtue, wish I had more of it, lol. Sorry for the post being long winded.

2. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer

Sep 18, 2014
    Victoria TX
    Yeah, they list status as "shipped" immediately so you think it is too late to stop the order. Then it ships 4 days later in reality. I feel your pain!

papergoblin likes this.

3. Tone Guru

Tone Guru Senior Stratmaster

Dec 13, 2011
    Music City TN
    "Free" shipping and 1-2 day shipping are the latest gimmicks to entice purchases.
    Price competition is so fierce with online shopping that there's not a lot of margin left.
    EBay has recently added a switch to filter results for "guaranteed 3day delivery".

"Free" giftwrapping ?

4. papergoblin

papergoblin Strat-Talker

Sep 21, 2017
    Alabama
    Free giftwrapping is code for box in a box, (how things should be shipped), lol.

It did entice me, sort of, I would have ordered from them anyways but it had that little clock saying you had to order by a certain time. So that had me in a hurry, I believe the less time in transit, less chance of lost or broken items.

5. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Strat-Talk Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Nawth Alabama
    I think part of the problem these days is that they believe "shipped" means that the UPS/USPS label has been created and sent to the warehouse for picking/packing. The software sees a label has been created and a tracking number issued = shipped...and you get an email.

Physical shipment is typically days later (my experience). I have had a couple of places send me a "physical shipment" notification...which is nice. Some companies are better at it than others. Miz Diane (wife) buys shoes from "Zappos" and I suspect they own the teleportation unit from the Enterprise. Fastest "box-on-the-porch" I've ever seen.

I recently ordered a pickguard from Stratosphere and they popped me an email advising that I'd ordered over a holiday weekend...shipping would occur Monday, etc. I thought that was a nice thing to do.

Paperback Rocker and papergoblin like this.

6. nuculer terrist

nuculer terrist Senior Stratmaster

Mar 12, 2014
    center of the mind
    Yeah I was supposed to get a speaker- waited a few days and status never showed shipped, but was scheduled for delivery yesterday. About 3 pm I get an email saying to expect it Thursday.

7. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member

I’m hip!

Couple years ago I ordered a sunburst Jazz bass body from guitar fetish. Paid, got confirmation email and card was changed.

Next day I get an email from them saying the body I ordered is out of stock. I can either wait on back order (unknown time frame when they’ll be back in stock) or choose a different body for same price.

As I already had ordered the other pieces I went ahead and chose a different color.

Right after, and I mean day or two I get an alert that sunburst body is back in stock.

Price had even gone up slightly.

This happened around the end of the year and I figured they might have switched suppliers or something.

First world problems...