Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Ordered a Dumbloid today

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by bloomz, Sep 19, 2013.

1. sToned

sToned Banned

Nov 12, 2013
    Virgin Is
    We all want something affordable and I get the cost savings of clones and copies but I would hate to lose the original inventive minds that came up with what others just copy, that would leave us in a dried up magic forest. I love the obscure cool hard to get custom effect thing but now a days I do try and get up the money to pay the original source in order to keep their business going and keep others in a job.

2. bloomz

bloomz Senior Stratmaster

Sep 17, 2012
    yer mom's house
    Do both! I supported the original builder by buying one of his - then flipped it and bought the clone.

I think they sound identical.

It is way funny tho like Ptaina said - all this - over a pedal!

3. Hugh

Hugh Needs Mo Motown Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 26, 2009
    Louisville (KY)
    Good point

4. czar1952

czar1952 Strat-Talk Member

May 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Ordered a Big Bloom on Thursday. Should have it next week

5. sToned

sToned Banned

Nov 12, 2013
    Virgin Is
    Really some people never get the point. A pedal compared to an amp, really, seriously? Different guitars? Fender or Gibson selling uncountable guitars are in no danger of going out of business, unless of course we run out of wood. Pedals are pedals and the issue of copying someone's identical circuit to sell it really should be under the copyright law, I understand you cannot patent some circuits else we would have one kind of everything. Hard to imagine many would opt to buy the cheaper just to save a few bucks and let the inventor/designer fail. Sort of the mentality of a lot of things around this country. Crap in the pool we can stay on the other end. Seems stupid, merely because it is.

When someone makes a guitar or an amp they are not reinventing the wheel.

I think anyone could discern the issue of stealing someone's identical circuit and putting the inventor out of business is not a good thing. At least the one chap buys the real one and turns it then gets a clone, everybody wins on that one.

There are a whole lot of pedals out there which pertain to sound like a Dumble, and they are not costing a mint. The Wampler Ecstasy(Euphoria) smooth mode is Dumble like.
    Dumbledor, another overrated mythical centaur for the magic forest of Lore.
    If someone wants to copy a Dumble amp, I'd say like the Klon, is something is no longer available it seems far game. But so wrong to copy an active pedal line and sell cheaper. I mean do players want to be stuck with stuff like Mooer, and other yada, over Wampler??? The Chinese are very good at copy for less but not so great at inventing it.

6. czar1952

May 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    If this is aimed at me, sToned, I look at it a bit differently. To the best of my knowledge I have never purchased a cloned anything. I have always paid the price for something I want and have been (in most cases) happy to do so. In purchasing a Big Bloom from Amplified Nation I feel I am supporting a small American business owner who happens to have a product I desire. Whenever possible I try to buy American.
    I've never asked a manufacturer where the product design came from and never will. If the Big Bloom circuit was based on the Dumbloid, so be it. How many OD pedals are based on the Tube Screamer? Instead of purchasing a clone I bought the original TS808HW and love it.
    How many guitars are based on the Strat? How many companies sell Strat or Tele bodies, necks, bridges, etc.. Are they all licensed by the manufacturer? Are you ripping off Fender if you purchase a Warmoth body?
    Compaq and Dell would not be in business if they didn't "borrow" from the original IBM PC.
    It will never stop so I just make the best choices I can and sleep well at night. Just my opinion. You are entitled to yours and I applaud you for sticking to your guns for something you believe in.

bloomz likes this.

7. BobbyS

BobbyS Strat-Talker

Dec 11, 2011
    Los Lunas, NM
    So the clone is $300.00. When we gonna see a clone of the clone for $150.00 or less?

8. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    I'm holding out for the $75.00 clone^3.

Fettmajik117 likes this.

9. juanjosebh

juanjosebh Senior Stratmaster

Mar 8, 2012
    Veracruz Mexico
    EHX will see to that soon enough.

10. sToned

sToned Banned

Nov 12, 2013
    Virgin Is
    Nope not you.

11. czar1952

May 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Thx, sToned. Since my post was right before your comment I thought it might be me. After reading all the other posts I see where it was directed. I certainly understand your argument. Do you understand where I'm coming from?
    Yes, BobbyS, the Big Bloom is $300 delivered.
    He also makes a Double Bloom for $450 which is 2 Bloom circuits in 1 box. He voices the 2nd one lower than the first. If you want, he will add a switch so you can stack them, like the Wampler Dual Fusion, but it is not a clone of the Wampler at all-totally different circuits and sound.
    He'll cover them in just about anything you want. Mine is brown Croco. You can see the pedals and the amps and cabs he makes @http://amplifiednation.com/default.htm

12. Tim Z

Tim Z Strat-O-Master

Feb 3, 2012
    Victoria BC, Canada
    That Simble sounds great. When can we get them over here??

13. sToned

sToned Banned

Nov 12, 2013
    Virgin Is
    Dude I love custom stuff, as long as they make an effort not to rip somebody I sleep better at night. I do not mind paying more for Handmade and if it is USA so much the better, helping keep jobs and companies going here.

I was just dogging this bubba on another thread buying this el cheap Chinese stuff. Really, man, I am going to miss this country and all of its diverse products when all we can get is Asian slave labor cheap crap.
    $37 for an overdrive, really, seriously? I cannot see where saving money and buying this stuff is anything but cutting our throat, supporting trade deals and underselling that is merely a means to dismantle the manufacturing ability and innovation in this country. I am going to miss the US when it is gone, so much of it has already been sold out from under us. When I was a kid political stuff never matter now it is just off the scale crazy. Thank goodness we keep cutting education funding in the billions and making college impossible for most as we are just too smart.

14. czar1952

May 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Yes, the stuff from China and Vietnam makes some other foreign made items look like they were hand made in Silicon Valley. We do need to buy American and support small businesses whenever possible. Use our tax dollars to stimulate manufacturing again.
    I don't ever remember a political climate like the one in Washington today. Used to be you would have a disagreement, work it out, and then go out to dinner together. Now it's so partisan I believe people from the 3 parties (I'm including the Tea Party) actually hate each other and no one will negotiate.
    No matter what your politics, when President Clinton left the White House we were talking to each other and we had a budget surplus. When President Bush left the White House we had 2 wars, hated each other and had a trillion dollar deficit. Go figure.
    Speaking of Education, the newest figures show the US has dropped to 25th in Math/Science and 16th in overall Literacy.
    That's it - no more politics or we'll get kicked off the Forum!

Last edited: May 29, 2014

15. Tim Z

Tim Z Strat-O-Master

Feb 3, 2012
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Bought one of the Simble pedals on eBay today for $189 and FREE shipping to Canada. The demos and comments so far are exactly what I am after in this last pedal for my board. Hope it lives up to the hype :)

16. DrZ_man

DrZ_man Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Come back and gives us a report after you have played it for a while.

17. Tim Z

Tim Z Strat-O-Master

Feb 3, 2012
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Will do :) It was shipped within an hour of me purchasing it, so I should have it here within 10 business days. If I really like it, I will do a few recorded demos.

18. 76 Tele

76 Tele Strat-Talker

Apr 29, 2012
    Asheville
    I've had the Simble for a couple months now. Harri sent me a pre-production model to try and send feedback to him. It's a keeper for me. Set it up to the same tone as your amps clean. You can turn pedal on and off to see just how transparent it really is. Add sensitivity or "gain" to taste.
    I've always loved the Dumble Ultra Phonix modded Bassman's. The Simble through my 57 Tweed Twin gets me that fat, singing, uncompressed sustain that we all want.
    This is such a fabulous pedal. You are in for a treat my friend!

bloomz likes this.

19. bloomz

bloomz Senior Stratmaster

Sep 17, 2012
    yer mom's house
    How does it compare to a Dumbloid?

I see there's more on ebay.