Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Ordered a Dumbloid today

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by bloomz, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Tim Z

Tim Z Strat-O-Master

Feb 3, 2012
    Victoria BC, Canada
    About $400 less expensive :)

Watch the video posted above where they compare it to a real Dumble amp. It may not sound exactly the same, but it sounds just as good to my ears. Any differences would never be noticed at all once you are playing with a band.

amstratnut likes this.

2. sToned

sToned Banned

Nov 12, 2013
    Virgin Is
    Still digging the Dumble sounding "smooth" mode on the Wampler Ecstasy(Euphoria) for $200 it is a marvelous versatile 3 mode pedal, like having three pedals. Wampler's ability to create amp sounding pedals is rather uncanny. While the E is just a drive and not billed as a Dumble mimic that mode was voiced like the Dumble.

3. 76 Tele

76 Tele Strat-Talker

Apr 29, 2012
    Asheville
    The Simble isn't as "raunchy" as the Simble. It still has that great harmonic content associated with Dumble and the "Bloom" or note feedback is there. It's just a terrific pedal. And $189 WTF!!!

4. Tim Z

Tim Z Strat-O-Master

Feb 3, 2012
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Interesting, I did not like my Euphoria at all. For my ears it had nothing close to a "dumble" sound in it. If my Simble sounds anything like the Euphoria, it will be up for auction within an hour.

amstratnut likes this.

5. 76 Tele

76 Tele Strat-Talker

Apr 29, 2012
    Asheville
    Same here Tim. I didn't think the Euphoria sounded anything remotely close to Dumble. The Simble is on a different level than it. You'll be happy.

6. sToned

sToned Banned

Nov 12, 2013
    Virgin Is
    Well chaps, to be fair Wampler does not market the pedal as Dumble pedal, some have just thought it sounded like it.
    I do not really know what a Dumble is supposed to sound like myself much less a pedal. Nor am I swooning over a Dumble anyway. Outside SRV and his TS pedals I am not aware who really uses one. Might be an amazing amp I have no idea. Nothing earth shattering unique about SRVs tone it was rather basic and a whole lot of it was the TS. Which sort of started the whole TS thing.

When Wampler actually designs a pedal to sound like a certain amp I believe there are hundreds of users who agree he gets it dead on whether a Blackface, Tweed, AC30/15, Marshall Plexi or JCM800.
    If you did not find something in the range of the E drive to be of use I cannot imagine how. Remains a consistent drive for me and stacks like nothing else although I do not use the gain very high. Whatever floats your boat. To cut down a Wamper pedal, really, seriously. Any Boss or EH in your usage chain?

7. 76 Tele

76 Tele Strat-Talker

Apr 29, 2012
    Asheville
    I agree Brian makes some great pedals. Have known him when he was modding pedals in his home known as Indy Guitarist. This is from Wampler's website regarding the Euphoria

"The Euphoria is his take on that elusive tone and feel made famous by "D style Amplifiers" - smooth creaminess yet crunchy when you need it to be, yet the tonality is much more transparent than other “D sounding" pedals. Very responsive tone controls that interact with the pedal - they don't just “color” the sound. The controls actually affect the response and feel of the pedal, just like a great tube amp."

I have many Wampler pedals. Being someone who knows Dumble amps, the Euphoria/Ecstasy just didn't do Dumble to my liking. YMMV

8. sToned

sToned Banned

Nov 12, 2013
    Virgin Is
    And yet might be user related or amp settings, pretty wide range of variables there. I really have no idea what a Dumble is supposed to sound like but only the "smooth" mode on the E was ever mentioned to be Dumble like, beats me I really do not gain up my drives much anyway. The beauty of that drive for me is the versatility it ranges between those 3 modes I can always get something that fits in with any rig and the magic is stacking that puppy with anything. My E drive into the Klon or the Plexi drive is marvelous. Others claim the "smooth" mode is Dumble like and compares to the Dumkudo and other Dumble like drives. I have no idea. You guys say it does not sound like a Dumble and other do, so I am not sure where that ends up. Seems to me might depend upon the guitar and amp one is using.

9. Fettmajik117

Fettmajik117 Strat-Talk Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Iowa
    Couldn't agree more. maybe a cost of living increase to keep up w the price of milk?

10. Fettmajik117

Dec 26, 2017
    Iowa

True dat. Even Klon released the KTR

11. Fettmajik117

Dec 26, 2017
    Iowa

Haven't seen much sanity in most of the Dumbloid threads lol... always someone cryin about how much they cost.. I have a Double Bloom, and a Dumbloid.. I prefer Shins Drive King Jr. I have the second one made. But really, to be honest every pedal I have is different. The Dloid has amazing feedback swell and goes into a fuzzier territory than the Bloom, but the bloom sounds better than the dloid at lower gain/volume settings. Lately I been using a custom Si fuzz my buddy Cole built for me under the moniker of Egress Effects. Gets the same bloom and is quieter (as far as static noise on high gain levels) than all the pedals I just mentioned and a whole lot less expensive cause he's starting out. I just use whatever gear happens to catch my ear tho.

12. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Then probably best not to dig up and reignite a 3.5 year old thread that ended in an argument.

altar and Fettmajik117 like this.

13. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Strat-Talker

Jun 30, 2016
    Heart O' Dixie
    Because reverse engineering and cloning are not stealing someone's design or intellectual property. Isn't an original Dumble a reverse engineered or cloned product itself? Its just a box of common everyday parts...

Fettmajik117 likes this.

14. Fettmajik117

Dec 26, 2017
    Iowa
    LOL! Yea people get so worked up over this subject.. and I can't see why. But that won't stop a person like me from looking for people's opinions openly, I need the interaction, and with as much as I've put into my collection it's obvious that it's a compelling interest. I just wish there were more people who have and kept both original and a clone that I could talk to who give a more sonic, than monetary review. Also obvious some people are bent out of shape in the dloid threads.ROTFL

15. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Because they are stealing when you clone or RE someone's circuit and repackage and sell it as your own. Just Google the Joyo/Freakish Blues scandal. Or checkout TGP for those guys thoughts on JHS and his copying of others designs.

The Strat Dude and Fettmajik117 like this.

16. Fettmajik117

Dec 26, 2017
    Iowa
    Also not tryna argue w anyone as I stated. Still looking for someone who compliments the sounds of each and recognizes the pedals for their individual merits.

17. Fettmajik117

Dec 26, 2017
    Iowa

i can't help but see some irony when I think of all the guitarists that inspired me coming up and learning.. thieves! Every one of them shamelessly ripping off riffs and contorting them to their own twisted will... but I totally see the side of copyrights on a circuit. Idk tho. It's a can of worms.

18. The Strat Dude

The Strat Dude Duderino Strat-Talk Supporter

Zombie alert, but I will comment.
    To take someone else's exact design and undercut them with it is, is ,is stealing.
    Anology- I re recorded your song and sell it for less than you, it's just a box of notes.

Fettmajik117 likes this.

19. Fettmajik117

Dec 26, 2017
    Iowa
    Yea LED Zepplin... Hendrix... SRV. Thieves

20. Fettmajik117

Dec 26, 2017
    Iowa
    Apples to oranges I suppose. Orcs to trolls..