Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Ordered a Dumbloid today

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by bloomz, Sep 19, 2013.

1. candyapple1964

candyapple1964 Senior Stratmaster

Mar 9, 2014
    Australia
    Fender used reference designs. Unoriginal from the beginning using someone elses technology.

Marshall based their first amps on the fender tweed bassman.

Mesa based their stuff off fenders. Deluxes and Princeton.

Friedman based theirs off Marshall

And so on.

We stand on the shoulders of giants in every aspect. Cloning imitations and copies all lead to progress and inovation.

Then there is the wheel. Someone came up with it. Carved from stone. Someone improved on it with a timber construction. Someone decided to make em.from wooden spokes. Someone added a steel ring. Someone else came up with a rubber membrain and improved ride and grip. Someone inovated and used that same wheel design for steering.

Imagine if there was a forum with opinionated members saying you can't use that wheel because its someone elses idea :)

bloomz likes this.

2. The Strat Dude

The Strat Dude Duderino Strat-Talk Supporter

well by this logic taking someone's idea building it and then suing the original designer so that they themselves could not bring their own product is ok with you? Well DiMarzio did it and more than once. When some one takes a product disassembles it and then copies it exactly, then markets it as a cheaper version to undercut that exact product, you are fine with that? I am not. If you change the circuit and make a different product at least you made something else, and are not attempting to snake another persons exact product out from underneath them, and market it as such.

3. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I am not going to try and argue this point by point but here is something that I think is a meaningful factor: Price point. If I invent something awesome, build it, market it, name it and I horribly overestimate how much the public is willing to spend, I will not sell many units and it will, frankly, invite competition to create something similar to be marketed at a lower price point. Cars range from a million bucks down to ten thousand bucks.... I think most things end up that way.

bloomz likes this.

4. The Strat Dude

But the argument was not that a similar product would somehow come along. The exact product is produced and bragged that they in fact did take the pedal and use it as a template. Take a Toyota and put a Kia badge on the front and sell them all while bragging thats what you did, see how that goes.
    There is no end to the lawsuits patent infringement lawsuits in the auto industry. It's still stealing, whether it's a car a computer or a pedal. As long as no one give a **** it's Ok? Funny how there is outrage about morals when it's convenient, or you don't like the guy. Someone brought up Led Zepplin earlier, yes they got sued for stealing, and they did. Jimmy page also basicly kidnapped a 14 year old groupie. Not sure if that behavior gets swept under the carpet anywhere else in life. But well they were rock stars so it's ok this time. I could go on. I would also probably get banned, so I quit now.
    Good day sir.

5. The Strat Dude

Apparently I have behaved badly, so .....

6. johnthomas

johnthomas Strat-Talk Member

Sep 13, 2016
    San Diego, California
    "these kind of things" definitely happen at any price point. I was pirated out of the pro music supply world despite having the lowest priced version of quality products.

7. The Strat Dude

I am sorry that happened to you, it's mind bottling (yeah I said it) to me folks are ok with "these things"
    [​IMG]