Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Pain

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by amstratnut, Jul 26, 2018.

1. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    Well Thom, it actually has been a pretty great summer. Here are all the reasons why.

My wife graduated in May with here 2nd masters degree. She landed the job she always wanted since she began as a social worker 20 years ago. Including a life changing raise in pay.

My son graduated high school, albeit by the seat of his pants.

I volunteered for some oddball assigments at work when no one else raised their hands. So, I believe my employers see me as someone who is eager to contribute to the team, as opposed to just putting in time. Im being sent to Tahoe for training. There are worse places to train.

My Fleetwood Mac tribute has had some great gigs and there are more coming up.

We just bought a tent trailer. Ok, Im not thrilled but, my wife is. And, "happy wife, happy life".

Just celebrated my 25th anniversary with my unbelievable beautuful wife.

I completed a triathlon (very short one but still, making progress on fitness and swimming in open water)

Ive figured out how to roast my own coffee. Very satisfying.

Last but not least, there are brew pubs opening up all over where I live, and I will never be able to taste all the beers available now. :)

2. gwjensen

gwjensen Senior Stratmaster

Twisted my ankle years ago and the pain was so intense I felt nauseous, like you did.

I was down at the creek behind my house when it happened. No one around, so I had to crawl across the flood plain and up a good sized hill to get home.

Ended up just being a sprain, but good god was it painful! Worse than when I broke my leg some years before that...

Lovnmesomestrat and amstratnut like this.

3. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    Yep, Yep, Yep. It is still a wonderful part of town. o_O Even the officers don't like to work there.

abnormaltoy likes this.

4. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy BushBaby Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson
    I used to work in a print shop at 31st and Cherry...

amstratnut likes this.

5. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    So, its not just me.

Mansonienne and abnormaltoy like this.

6. rocknrollrich

rocknrollrich Senior Stratmaster

Jan 8, 2016
    philadelphia
    At least you guys have good injury stories.
    I pulled a muscle in my neck last week.
    You wanna know how it happened? I'll tell you anyway.
    I reached for a stapler on my desk at work. Thats it. I reached out and felt an excruciating pain in my neck.
    The pain lasted for two days straight.

abnormaltoy, CigBurn and Mansonienne like this.

7. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    I jacked up my ankle skydiving once. I was doing my 4th solo dive, so still worked with an instructor. I thought I had the landing squared away, big man, I got this, and didn’t wait for the signal from him to flare as I was coming in to land.
    I went ahead and cranked it. I was too high.
    The canopy stalled and dumped me at least 10 feet onto my left ankle, which of course rolled it with gusto. I had to wear a brace for at least two months and the whole foot was swollen and purple. I didn’t have health insurance at the time, so just sucked it up. To this day I don’t know if it was actually broken, ligament tear, severe sprain, but it doesn’t have quite the range of motion it did before.
    This of course is a much more interesting story than my current knee injury... I’m in physical therapy for my left knee right now. It’s been stiff and painful for a few months now. What caused it?
    I have no idea. I can’t point to anything I did and say, “that was it.” Almost like it started hurting and locking up out of the clear blue, just because. I’d rather have a cool skydiving accident story or something, at least I would’ve earned the injury...

8. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    @amstratnut ...
    you asked if any of us have any painful stories.....
    i have a lot, but here are two that required ambulance rides.
    the first time was when i tried to do some bugs bunny stuff....i jumped off of a three story building and grabbed the end of a tree branch so it would lessen the fall and i would land safely on my feet. i had done this several times in the past with no problems. but this time i had forgot it had not rained in awhile and when i put the full weight of my body on the dry branch, it snapped and down i went with the branch crashing down on top of me. i did land on my feet but with all that force, my right heel hit my right buttock and kicked my hip out of socket. that part didnt immediately hurt.....but it sure did after a few minutes, and when they popped it back in, i passed out.
    the second time was back when i was married. my wife and i went to a friends wedding at a fancy hotel on the beach in florida. by night time alot of us were playing in the surf and having fun, but when we left the beach, i saw a pool and ran towards it, then dove in the deep part head first. it was then i realized there was no water in it, and so i somehow twisted mid air to do the least damaging fall i could. no dice.....i broke two ribs in my back and busted my head so hard that i was on my back with my eyes flickering. ambulance ride #2.
    i dont know which was worse.

9. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Senior Stratmaster

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    My wife twisted her ankle walking in the yard last year. Days later it still hurt and was turning colors. She couldn't imagine it was broken, because all she did was roll it sideways while walking. It turned out to be broken. Don't wait too long if you think it might be broken, or you could end up needing it to be re-broken and set.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    abnormaltoy and Mansonienne like this.

10. 808K

808K Strat-Talker

Apr 24, 2018
    Philly, USA
    Hockey. Tore my ACL, MCL and PCL all at once. Somebody rolled into me.

Yeah, pain.

11. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    Ouch!! Sounds as if you did some damage, a bad sprain or something. You should probaby get it checked out...

I came back from London (3-day music festival, lots of walking, standing, half-dancing, stretching to try to see over the tall guys who ALWAYS come stand in front of me :mad:, 4 nights on a mattress of a cheap hotel) with tendinitis in my hip and butt, of all things. I was limping pretty badly and after a bunch of anti-inflammatories I’m still hurting and wondering if I’ll be able to do sports before I turn into a blob...
    Ok, so not acute, excruciating pain like you, but I’m feeling pretty wimpish, and old, and pathetic...:(
    I hope your ankle heals quickly!

12. 808K

808K Strat-Talker

Apr 24, 2018
    Philly, USA
    @Mr. Lumbergh
    Your knee pain sounds like my arthritis. Glucosamine Chondroitin has been my savior.

abnormaltoy likes this.

13. space

space Strat-Talker

May 17, 2018
    midwest
    I was working off a scaffold 20' in the air and it came out from under me
    i went hand over hand on an ibeam to find a soft place to land
    picked my spot missed the target and broke both my heels
    cud not walk
    crawled to car and drove 2hrs home
    saw doc an he sed u prolly never walk again
    was on my back for 6mths

14. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Senior Stratmaster

Jul 18, 2017
    The Heartland
    Glad you're keeping perspective. Sometimes the bad can seem to overwhelm the good.

No wimpiness perceived for the ankle -- my doc told me sprains can be worse than breaks in some respects.

15. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    I remember when I was a kid and we were vacationing with a couple of other families, one of the girls hurt her foot. Two of the dads were doctors: my dad, an ophthalmologist (and [usually] a very good diagnostician), and an obstetrician. The both told her she’d just twisted it, wrapped it up in an Ace bandage and told her she could still go rafting, etc. When she got back home she found out it was broken...

abnormaltoy, LPBlue and MetalPedal like this.

16. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    How awful!

abnormaltoy likes this.

17. MetalPedal

MetalPedal Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 22, 2016
    Auto-Wah, Canada
    The joy of being the firstborn. They had no clue lol.

abnormaltoy and amstratnut like this.

18. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    I’ve been taking supplements for joints, I don’t recall which ones off the top, but they don’t seem to be helping much. I thought the issue was getting better which is why I didn’t see the doc at first, but it plateaued.

abnormaltoy likes this.

19. LPBlue

LPBlue "That Guy", again...dammit! Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 19, 2012
    Canada, near the other end
    Has anyone else as yet said "walk it off soldier"?:whistling:

abnormaltoy and StillAlive&Well like this.

20. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    You lost me at "skydiving".

Seriously, I dont know if I could jump out of a falling plane with a parachute.

abnormaltoy and heltershelton like this.