Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Pain

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by amstratnut, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 23, 2015
    Nowhere, man ...
    IT Band had me in tears and unable to move a couple of times.
    Ironic that the injury that's kept me needing a cane for long walks
    since it happened 6 years ago is the reason that, overall, my whole
    body reversed the decline of age in some crucial ways. That's because
    of the homework PT I was shown how to do by a local sports ortho-therapy
    genius.

2. Achyskic

Achyskic Senior Stratmaster

Feb 19, 2013
    Ohio
    Here is my story, as a Medic I have been on thousands of calls over a career of 17 yrs. then a call came in 2 car MVA I responded to see a truck head on with a car. I accessed the scene, found one entrapment in the car. I called for lifeflight. I then proceeded to extract a large 16 yr old out of the car. Reason for head on texting while driving. While on backboard lifeflight landed I bent over like I had thousands of time to pick up pt and load in helicopter, I felt and heard a loud pop...my legs went numb. I crawled to back of my squad and told my partner to take me to ER. 10 yrs later this week and multi surgeries to fix a broken back..plus a couple spinal cord stimulators for nerve pain. I can attest, pain is real and feel for anyone that is in it.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Tone Deaf likes this.

3. jjlemon

jjlemon Strat-Talker

Jun 27, 2015
    South Wales
    Yikes, that looks pretty bad Omar, a chronic problem. Is there an underlying cause?

Me: Thoracic nerve root compression is top of the list at the moment. Hurts to breathe, move, bend, twist, even sit still. No real story behind it, just the short straw gene wise. Buffing out some scratches on the back of my new old epi Les Paul studio yesterday hasn't helped.

Tone Deaf likes this.

4. Omar

Omar Most Inquisitive Junior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 9, 2017
    Marbella, Spain
    Yes, too bad. I was admitted in the hospital twice because of the severe pain. It's accumulative, however, mainly caused by weak abdominal/back muscles and over-weight. For me, I guess 4x4 daily driving and weekly offroading, but one day I was playing with my son and then I heard a crack and felt a shock in my back. Two weeks later, I couldn't walk on my left leg :(

Doctors said I need surgical intervention (Microdiscectomy), but I refused. The nerve is fine but my left Calf isn't responding.

5. Omar

Omar Most Inquisitive Junior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 9, 2017
    Marbella, Spain
    amstratnut likes this.

6. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    Update: still sore and cant run. Getting an X ray.

Doc recommended a stabilizing brace.

7. Tora Tora

Tora Tora Strat-Talk Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Madison WI
    I sprained my knee stepping down into a 1' deep trench. Wasn't in agony at the time but then for a couple of days I might have cried a little as the pain was so bad when I got up in the morning. New respect when I hear a football player sprained his knee. Feel better.

8. Blues Man

Blues Man Strat-Talker

Feb 7, 2018
    USA
    Listen to Captain America and walk it off

9. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    This thread reminds me of pub conversations amongst me and my biking friends. Who has the biggest scar? Who had the most painful crash? Who has the most gory story?

10. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

ouch, ankles suck.. well..no. ankles rule. until you hurt them, then they suck

I have broken a few odd bones, and was born with a ****ty spine. so pain is kind of a usual thing. I can honestly say I dont know what its like to not have back problems. so thats something.
    Even considering my spine, and my few broken limbs over the years. I would still say the worst thing I experienced was playing hockey in the mid 90's. I was a goalie, and a pretty damn good one at that. I had decent gear, but back in the 90s goalie gear was decent.. but wasnt full coverage. when youd go down to your knees, your knee caps would be exposed. I took so many pucks off the knee cap that it got to a point where I still have bersas and scar tissue lumped up on top of them. just tap them with a rake, anything and my knees will swell up to the point where I cant bend them more than a touch. That stuff hurt. felt like burning water and shards of glass every time I moved.
    I really remember that

but also, the spine. that thing.. I have two crazy bends in my spine. I used to be 6 foot 4, now im about 6 foot. so there is 4 inches of spine in my torso just kinda bending around and twisting. I have days where I simply feel horrible. I get up for a few hours then I am exhausted from simply just standing. that stuff sucks. I hate it, but I live with it.

Tone Deaf and amstratnut like this.

11. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Or Jaws?

Hopefully the x-ray will show what the problem is?

amstratnut likes this.

12. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Senior Stratmaster

@amstratnut Before I really focused on them, my ankles were a series of sprains waiting to happen when I played sports, so here is some advice. Get a bucket filled 2/3 of the way with ice and then add water to make a "slush bath". Put your foot in there for about 10 minutes at a time. If you can find a neoprene toe sleeve it helps. Keep Alieve in your system to help with the pain, and when it starts to get better start tracing out the alphabet with your big toe. This motion helps stretch the ankle area and helps in the rehab process. If spraining your ankle becomes a recurring issue, consider doing some body weight exercises to strengthen your ankles. When I was 16 I had three bad sprains, with both ankles being sprained at different times, so I started lifting and strengthening my ankles. 20 years later, I have never experienced another one, and I played another 60 football games and thousands of baseball games in that time.

Here is a link to the toe covers, I do not get any type of compensation or referral fee, only the satisfaction of helping a fellow ST member.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QW10ZHO/?tag=strattalk05-20

Paperback Rocker and amstratnut like this.

13. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    Ive been doing all of the above except ice. I was under the inpression that icing is only supposed to be done when the injury is new. It has been since July.

14. carolinaeasy

I don't look at dates on threads, so I assumed this was fresh. Sorry for any confusion. If you are still having issues and haven't been to see a physician, then I would urge you to do so immediately. And if you are experiencing any form of swelling ice is good to use.

15. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    I revived the thread cuz I got x rays done yesterday. Doc/Pac thought I strained some tendons but, we got x rays to make sure whats up.

Mansonienne and Thrup'ny Bit like this.

16. carolinaeasy

Best of luck getting this mess sorted out.

amstratnut likes this.

17. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    Update: Apparently I do have a fracture in my foot.

I must be a real tough guy walkin around on it since July.

I wanted to cry when I fell. On a scale of 1-10 it was.

d9539_1289431929_hangintuf.jpg

johnnymg likes this.

18. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Hopefully it hasn't left any permanent damage. Good luck with getting it sorted properly now.

amstratnut likes this.

19. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    Yeah that had to sting. Hope it gets treated and healed up so you're good as new soon.

amstratnut likes this.

20. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    They mentioned arthritis. Hopefully I can just ignore that too.