Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

PC speakers with guitar processor?

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by ClassicVibe, Nov 5, 2017.

1. ClassicVibe

ClassicVibe New Member!

Nov 5, 2017
    EU
    Hello everyone, I have Logitech X530 5.1 system, I would like to use that setup for my squier bullet until I buy real guitar AMP? Is that possible? I have good offer for Digitech RP70, but I've read somewhere that playing electric guitar through speakers could damage them?

Thanks in advance

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-a-holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    This could work, but you'd have to use the headphone output on the RP70 and go into the front left and right inputs of the X530

I would not turn the Logitech up very loud maybe 1/3 of maximum volume if you don't want to damage them,.,..

As for how good it will sound, probably not that great....

You could also go into the 'line in' on a computer....and then listen through the computer's built in speakers or the Logitech....but you'd need a computer on and running to do this...

ClassicVibe likes this.

3. ClassicVibe

ClassicVibe New Member!

Nov 5, 2017
    EU
    What would sound better x530 via processor or small marshall ms2r directly with guitar?

4. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-a-holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    both will sound pretty awful I'd say.....the RP70 might sound good but it's meant to go into a guitar amp with guitar speaker...not full range audio system....

I'd not do either and get something better like an entry level Fender solid state amp with at least 8" speaker.....or a Blackstar Fly....

ClassicVibe likes this.

5. ClassicVibe

ClassicVibe New Member!

Nov 5, 2017
    EU
    Ok, thank you for info, I will probably wait for at least fender 10g or peavey 158. And I could use x530 for playing backing tracks

6. sumran

sumran Fan of Leo

Mar 7, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    I have an Line 6 pod that I use with a iPod dock as my travel system. Whole thing fits in a laptop case, so it works as a carry on item. Sounds surprisingly good at volumes that are reasonable for a hotel room of ship cabin. I also can use it with my iPod or phone as it was intended.

There are other solutions but this was put together with things I had on hand.

ClassicVibe likes this.

7. TheDuck

TheDuck Senior Stratmaster

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    @ClassicVibe

You absolutely can use your RP70 with the Logitech speakers.
    Dont expect great results, but with some patience and tweaking, you'll get a usable sound.

ClassicVibe likes this.

8. ClassicVibe

ClassicVibe New Member!

Nov 5, 2017
    EU
    How can I determine which volume is safe for speakers? I don't need too loud sound, just something instead of nothing because I'm currently playing without amp.

One more question, which cheapest pedal allows simultaneous effects that I'm instantly able to turn on/off when needed.

I need something to get me through whole song, so I can turn it on for solo and than off when finished? I'm not sure if rp70 can do that or I need something more complex?

Sorry for bad English :)

9. TheDuck

TheDuck Senior Stratmaster

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    Start off at the lowest volume you can, and go up from there. You'll hear when the speakers begin to protest from too much volume.
    You should be able to get a usable amount of volume before the unpleasant distortion come into play.

ClassicVibe likes this.

10. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 6, 2014
    In the shadows
    Admin Post
    Many years ago I had an old Digitech RP5 and played through Tandy speakers in my office.

ClassicVibe and TheDuck like this.

11. ClassicVibe

ClassicVibe New Member!

Nov 5, 2017
    EU
    I might try it. I've also read that cheap solid state amps doesn't work well with multi effects pedal. I was considering peavey 158 and some ME pedal, but maybe I should start first with logitech + pedal.

Does rp70 allows me to turn on/off effects in a second through the song when I need them or I need something more advanced?