Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

pedal to boost the ts808

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by eyck, May 17, 2013.

1. eyck

eyck Strat-Talker

I am looking for pedal to boost my ts808 for solo, i never use the boost pedal before, so any recommend? Actually i hv 2 ts808, and i did try to use one for boost, I like the outcome sound... but bit noise. Does it normal??

2. go49ners

go49ners Senior Stratmaster

2 TS808's stacked sounds fantastic. Make sure the one your using as the boost is set with the drive all the way down and adjust the volume accordingly. It shouldn't add a whole lot of overdrive but it will definitely boost everything. If its just not working I'd recommend a clean boost pedal. I have the Visual Sound TrueTone Clean boost and it works great. It doesn't add any noise or bass and it doesn't color your tone at all which is good in this case. Great pedal.

3. Uncle Jimmy

Uncle Jimmy Strat-O-Master

I push an 808 with a ts9. GREAT sounding.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. soft_talker30

soft_talker30 Strat-Talker

The fulltone ocd I've heard is a great compliment to the 808 or ts9. I ordered one yesterday it gets here Thursday I'll let you know how it turns out

6. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Most Honored Senior Member

Are you wanting to increase gain or just make it louder?
    Also, how flexible of a boost do you want?
    There are some boosts that give you EQ flexibility - the Xotic RC Booster or the Voodoo Lab Giggity.
    There are others, like the Xotic EP Booster, that are just a single knob and pretty much the eq is set.

Also, the way you run it will make a difference - for instance, boost into OD will make the OD dirtier and gainier - boost after will take the OD sound and just make it louder.