Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Pedal tone chasing....help

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Jimi Lightning, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Class A Knob

Class A Knob Strat-Talker

Nov 25, 2017
    California
    Agreed. I remember remember when I first started really playing (able to experiment rather than just strum major chords). I wanted hendrix's machine gun tone. Needless to say I conceded defeat or else I'd probably be a household name.

2. Jimi Lightning

Jimi Lightning Senior Stratmaster

Dec 21, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    I have a household name , but its generally tied to the household chores .....not my guitar playing. :(

Stratoskater likes this.

3. The-Kid

The-Kid Most Honored Senior Member

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Yeah might want to get a Fuzz Face....

Great thing...you dont have to spend stupid money for one. Dunlop makes a Mini one....Throughole components....for 100$.

I like the silicon because its more consistant and cleans up well and has more gain when needed.

Germanium is warmer and more "natural" whatever that means but by no means is it transparent or cleans up any better.

Try both the mini red and the blue out and see which one you like best. They also have a mini Jimi Hendrix for 130 modeled after one Hendrix had locked up in the Dunlop Vault....

Its really no magic.....Fuzz Face....Wah.....Univibe....Crancked amp....

Forget about Trower Sound EJ this or that.....

THats all you need for the Hendrix vibe throw an OD pedal for measure your good.

SRV tried for years to figure it out...getting stacked TS pedals into Marshall 300 watt whatevers......

All he needed was a FF and Plexi.....But he found this out later in 88 way after he was using the other way for most of his career....He wanted this sound for his voodoo child....

BUt you know the best part is....Plexi or no Plexi or FF... All you need is the VIbe....and Im not talking Univibe....Im talking Vibes yo. He sounded great with out without a Plexi or with stacked TS pedals into a Gorrilla amp. Hed still sound dope hahaha

Oh yeah and practice does good too.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018

4. The-Kid

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    If the FF doesnt work the best option would be and OCD or an Andy Timmons OD.

Id say the SHur Riot but its got a lot of gain on tap.

Look for a Marshall in a box pedal.

OCD will cover this no problem. Its a marshall in a box....what your looking for

IF your getting the Marshall amp, then run it on a clean setting a run an FF through it. If your using the Vox and other amps get a MIAB.

5. The-Kid

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Alot of the Hendrix tone is an FF into an AMP and using the volume knob to adjust for dirt level/output. Keep this in mind.

6. Jimi Lightning

Jimi Lightning Senior Stratmaster

Dec 21, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Yuppers, my research into Jimi Has weilded the simple chain to his sound. I just cant crank the amps that loud. I have been eyeballing the fuzz face and the Jimi pedals.

They arensomewhat more expensive here in the north. Add about 40%.... The Dunlop Jimi line looks awesome but at $180 a pedal I will pass. The mini fuzz in in around $140 or so. I do see a mini fuzz and a univivbe in my future as its a great baseline if I can getbthe volume thing under control.

7. The-Kid

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    https://www.geargasstore.com/collec...ls/products/byoc-lil-fuzz-pedal-new-assembled

Thank me later

should still be more or whatever cuz its crossing the boarder but still probably come in at no more than 100$.

Looks good too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

There is a reissue tweed Bassman at my local Pawn Shop they want 1,000.00 Canadian[ouch]I will give it a whirl this Saturday if it is still there...

to be continued::thumb:

Jimi Lightning likes this.

9. The-Kid

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    They also have this

[​IMG]

Jimi Lightning likes this.