Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Pickups Spacing for Neck Pickup in Blacktop

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by DaveyG, Feb 10, 2012.

1. DaveyG

DaveyG New Member!

I've searched the internets, and I've found this question, but not the answer:

I have the Fender Blacktop Strat (dual humbuckers). I know the bridge pickup should be F-spaced. However, it is not clear to me whether or not the neck pickup should be F-spaced as well. I know a lot of people don't think it matters even on the bridge, but if the F-spaced pickup lines up better than a regular-spaced pickup, I'd rather get an F-spaced pickup.

To make my question as clear-and-concise as possible:
    Do Fender neck pickups line up better with the strings if they are F-spaced or regular-spaced?

Sorry if I over-explained my question, any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  2. stevierayfan91

stevierayfan91 Dog Whisperer. Strat-Talk Supporter

hey, man
    if you measure from the polepiece on the low e side to the high e side one on the neck pickup, it would give you a ref. to the bridge F spaced one I think?

I know the bridge one should be F spaced to match the trem..It's why on EVH's original guitar it didn't match up...He used an old 60's Gibson 335 HB in it,lol.