Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Pink Floyd fans please notice!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by bloomz, Apr 17, 2013.

1. bloomz

bloomz Senior Stratmaster

Sep 17, 2012
    yer mom's house
    I've seen aussiefloyd 4 times, and they do a phenomenal show

I stumbled across this last night - a new band called britfloyd

It appears to me it has the same guitar player (Damien) and bass player, and they are on tour in the states right now, with promise of the biggest Floyd show ever.

Go to their site and watch the teaser and you'll join me in buying tickets for 2 nights

http://www.britfloyd.com/

Looks like they've already done some of the east coast, but lots still coming up

Yup I bought tickets for one night in Portland and gonna take the wife and my son to the next night in Eugene. I got second row center for that one!

Stoked baby, these guys are the closest thing you'll ever see in this lifetime to Pink Floyd.

2. rhgwynn

rhgwynn Senior Stratmaster

Aug 29, 2012
    Brattleboro,VT
    Too bad their website is down.... [edit]back up now[/edit]
    -Rob

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013

3. chocy

chocy Strat-Talk Member

Feb 19, 2013
    wales
    well you could watch gilmour or waters they actually are pink floyd

4. Xpensive Wino

Xpensive Wino Senior Stratmaster

+1 for this sentiment.

5. loudcherokee

loudcherokee Strat-O-Master

Feb 5, 2013
    pittsburgh
    I've seen pretty good samples of their show on a local cable access channel we have here that sells the tickets when they come to Pittsburgh. Pretty darn good, IMO. I missed the show this year. I will definitely be getting tickets the next time they come close to here.

Loud

bloomz likes this.

6. bloomz

Sep 17, 2012
    yer mom's house
    How you gonna watch them perform live?

Riddle me that batman...

Boodreaux likes this.

7. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

lol...ya they do not much get along nowadays

8. chocy

chocy Strat-Talk Member

Feb 19, 2013
    wales
    i said waters OR gilmour. i saw waters do the darkside LIVE at the O2 arena 2 years ago and hes touring the wall again this year

9. bloomz

Sep 17, 2012
    yer mom's house
    I've seen Roger 4 times. (Pink Floyd 17 times) I'm a pretty heavy PF fan.

Roger? It's not Pink Floyd - these BF guys do a way better job at Pink Floyd than Roger does. Neither does Gilmour from the videos of his shows I've seen (all of them)

Now the recent Wall - that was incredibly awesome. No doubt about that from a $60 million dollar show.

But britfloyd does the whole catalog. The Wall, tho phenomenal, was not PF's best work IMNSHO.

I'm going again tonight (already said that I know) and I'm SO glad someone is bringing Pink Floyd shows to all us fans.

Oh, not to mention the last Wall show cost me $222 - the year before $122 - next year it will probably be $322

britfloyd tonight is $40 - what a freaking deal for a BIG show like this. It's not 54 semis like PF's last tour, but it's still got a lot of stuff (no lasers tho, darnit)

So now, time to work on them solos.

Oh, the new guy Bobbie something, great player, but took a few artistic license liberties and they were not all note for note Gilmour. I was surprised Damien let him play almost all the leads - Damien was note for note perfect (he still did that 2nd solo on Comfortably Numb and brought everyone to their feet.)

Amp switch on.

Deebs3 and Boodreaux like this.

10. chocy

chocy Strat-Talk Member

Feb 19, 2013
    wales
    ok youv sold me on them. :) il try and catch one of their gigs

11. bloomz

Sep 17, 2012
    yer mom's house
    I'm on my way within the hour soon as the wife and son eat.

Outstanding show.

I know, I already said that - but I love the excitement of knowing I'm going to a great show.

12. MINI Zoso

MINI Zoso Strat-O-Master

Mar 31, 2011
    Moncton, NB
    I've seen them twice now. March of this year and March of last year, last year was on March 6! Having also seen Aussie Floyd I put them, Brit Floyd, higher on the list.

Damien is indeed brilliant. For me and my small hometown it is the closest I will ever get to seeing Pink Floyd, David, Nick or Roger. For the "money" it is the best/closest you are going to get.

13. bloomz

Sep 17, 2012
    yer mom's house
    Another magnificent show last night, and I stand corrected on Bobby not playing note for note - he did perfect Gilmour with fabulous tone. Playing a leftie Suhr strat.

I was surprised both nights Damian had him doing 90% of the solos. But do them extremely well he did.

and - he gave my little boy a guitar pick, which made his night. Check him out in his oversized fan shirt

Attached Files:

2-Finger and Stark like this.

14. Rogue Bohemian

Rogue Bohemian what? WHAT????? Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 4, 2010
    Bacliff by Galveston bay

Glad to hear ya'll had a good time. And way cool for your boy!

No action shots of the band?

bloomz likes this.

15. briarfodder

briarfodder Strat-Talker

Dec 9, 2012
    Alabama
    I saw them when they came through Birmingham recently, really good show.

16. darklite

darklite Strat-O-Master

May 13, 2013
    oregon
    I've been a major Floyd fan for 43 years. I saw them in 1972 when "Dark Side of the Moon" was introduced as "Eclipsed". They were incredible, not to mention that their stage show blew 1972 audiences out of the water completely. The best you could hope for then were strobe lights. Needless to say, PF, far surpassed simple strobes. A disappearing stage with the band still jamming was part of their antics during "Echoes".

What I really love about cover bands, is they try to sound as much like the original recordings as possible. Britfloyd is great, and have them nailed quite well.

17. bloomz

Sep 17, 2012
    yer mom's house
    Geez, about 200 of them!

Attached Files:

18. Naradajim

Naradajim Senior Stratmaster

19. bloomz

Sep 17, 2012
    yer mom's house
    Comfortably Numb without the best, most iconic guitar solo in Rock and Roll history?

Thanks but naw.....boring

20. bloomz

Sep 17, 2012
    yer mom's house
    Rock on - we be going again tonight!

I got 7 tickets in the second row. Wife's gotta find the shirt for me and my boy to wear.

He says he's excited and so be daddy.