Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Pink Floyd London Exhibit

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Mouse, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Groovey

Groovey Senior Stratmaster

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    Very nice, Mouse! Thank you.

2. usul1978

usul1978 Guitar bricolo Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 9, 2015
    France
    How could he possibly knew that if he weren't really a Pink Floyd roadie ?

I think it was cardboard btw.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

3. Miller67

Miller67 Strat-Talker

Sep 1, 2016
    London
    £25 seems steep. Is it worth the money?

4. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    No, it's definitely not cheap (it's 20 if you go on a weekday). If you're just a casual fan then perhaps it's not worth it but they've been one of my favorite bands since I first started buying albums so for me it was worth it. Plus you've got the rest of the V&A at your disposal which is free with regularly scheduled free tours.

Neil.C, garyhoos1 and mshivy like this.

5. Miller67

Miller67 Strat-Talker

Sep 1, 2016
    London
    Glad you enjoyed it. Hope London is treating you well.

6. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

This is by far my fav strat.....

7. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    On my flight home bow but I had a great time (when not working) and it's one of my favorite cities. So much so that in a few years time the wife and I are seriously considering moving there if I can work out a transfer. It's still very much in its infancy but it would make a cool 2nd chapter.

8. Miller67

Miller67 Strat-Talker

Sep 1, 2016
    London
    Great to hear. Can meet for a jam in a few years then!!

Mouse likes this.

9. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    I was under the impression that the body from the Pompeii Strat and "the" black Strat were one and the same. I guess they were two different guitars altogether.

metale likes this.

10. garyhoos1

garyhoos1 Huffing n Puffing. Silver Member

Jan 28, 2012
    North Wales and Somerset.
    I lived there for 5 years the place is legend I miss the place I am there next weekend guess where I will be going.. cheers mouse..safe journey home mate..

Mouse likes this.

11. christy

christy Senior Stratmaster

Just spotted this.
    Coincidentally I've just got back to Dublin tea time tonight. My wife and I have just spent one week in London. We were at the PF exhibition on Thurs I took plenty of photos which incidentally are very similar to the ones "Mouse" took. I was very surprised "they" let you take photos and vids if you wanted to.
    ( took in the Bat out of Hell musical at the London coliseum on Friday night. WOW! That's one not to be missed

Mouse likes this.

12. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Could have seen a show from that tour or heard what they did.

I was barely alive when that album came out, but can remember hearing the single ABITW pt. II at the bar my dad drank at (it was on the jukebox, and I'm sure the owner didn't ask for it to be there), and even I know they had a dive bomber open the show, did the entire album with the stage show as best they could of the film.

13. usul1978

usul1978 Guitar bricolo Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 9, 2015
    France
    It was total irony. Almost anybody can tell you about the wall scenery, and the guy doesn't even know in what the Wall was made...

14. Black Strat Guy

Black Strat Guy Strat-Talker

Mar 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    Bumping this thread up,

Did anybody else went to the exebition and have pics they want to share...?

I'm especially looking for more pics of the Black Strat and the Red Strat, the more the better, and the bigger high-def/high-res the better, like from every possible angle of every possible detail... :p

I know most of who went there probably just took casual "souvenir" pics and not as much ("fanatical") detailed ones, but it doesn't hurt to ask anyway... :D

Whot...?? "£25 seems steep?? Is it worth the money??" :eek::eek:

Are you joking...? If i had the money, for me it would be worth the trip to England alone, never mind a measly £25 for the exhibition fee... Geezzzz...

To be able to be within two feet of Gilmour's strat's and all the PF gear, just separated by a glass display??
    I'd easily pay £100 if needed, to get in. I'b probably would spend all day drooling over it and taking, literally, thousands of pics and vids of every little detail of it. The security guard would probably have to kick me out the door after closing time.

Granted however, i'm a certified PF and Gilmour nut case! :whistling:

Those other "Black Strat's" you see there, other than the original, are just "copies" they commissioned for the exhibition (probably to Fender CS) to illustrate all of the Black Strat's look's and incarnations over the years. Those where never actually used or played by David.

EDIT: BTW, the exhibition is in Italy now i think...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018

15. CaseCandy

CaseCandy Senior Stratmaster

May 9, 2015
    UK/Ireland
    Yes, Rome until 20th May. €20. At Museo d'Arte Contemporanea, which I think would be a fine place to go even without a Floyd exhibition. Much like the V&A is.

I don't know where it's going next but the intention is for it to tour the world for 10 years so it could be coming to "Somewhere" near you.

16. R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle Strat-Talk Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I'm in Italy, looks like I'm heading to Rome now. Sweet!

17. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Cool!!!
    I like his live at Pompeii Strat!:thumb:

18. vlazlow

vlazlow Strat-Talk Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Heart of Dixie
    Thx for the pics and story of your visit. PF is my favorite!

19. Black Strat Guy

Black Strat Guy Strat-Talker

Mar 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    Huh..?? Where did you get that info...? If it indeed tour the world for 10 years that would be great. However i really don't see David leaving his two main strat's in the exhibition for 10 years and use other copies, either for the new album or for an eventual future tour... o_O

Anyway, my initial request still stands, if anybody has some more pics of the gear from the exhibition they like to share i would be greatfull. :thumb:

carolinaeasy likes this.

20. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Senior Stratmaster

Awesome, as I will not be getting to London, or the UK for that matter due to costs anytime soon (although when I dream of what I would do if I started over today, I would get my doctorate wrapped up and go teach in Britain). I am really hoping that Andy Babiuk, or someone else, makes a Pink Floyd: All the Gear. I have the Stones and Beatles books and they are incredible resources.