Join Strat-Talk Today

Pocket change, do you find there are times you have more or less?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by LPBlue, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

They were when I lived in the country. I am cool with paying the fee and springing a shelter cat.

T Bone Slort and LPBlue like this.
  2. 808K

808K Strat-O-Master

My change ends up in the tip jars at local stores. I’m a sucker for those jars, as long as the help was nice.

3. rolandson

rolandson Most Honored Senior Member

no. i don't carry cash anymore. i never have any pocket change.

except...i keep some "ones" (dollar bills) in my car to tip the gas station people (i live in a metropolitan area of Oregon, pumping our own is illegal). Having done that as a college student, I know what it's like.

4. 33db

33db Strat-Talker

I like to jingle jangle when I walk.

5. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Senior Stratmaster

That's the way it works for me - when I need a penny, I don't have one. When I don't need one, I wind up with a pound of 'em in my pocket.

6. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

True, but the problem at any busy London bar is Millennials. They slow everything down. Firstly, because when queuing at the bar to get served, they don't do what we all learned to do - catch the eye of the bar staff to make sure they get served next, closely followed by us. Oh no, they can't be wasting valuable tweeting/Facepest time doing something as mundane as trying to connect with another human being, no sir! So waiting in the queue for the bar takes much longer than it should do.

And then when the jerk in front does get served, he won't simply hand the barman a tenner to pay for the drinks, oh no, Millennials don't bother with cash, he can only pay by card. Paying by card for small purchases (say less than £20) only slows down the bar service for everyone else still waiting.

Going out for a drink used to be a restful & enjoyable experience. :rolleyes:

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  7. Cerb

Cerb Most Honored Senior Member

It will get more and more common. Fewer and fewer places over here will accept any cash at all.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

8. RaySachs

RaySachs Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

This USED to be an issue. Change used to build up on my dresser so I’d put it in a big jar and periodically I’d take it to the bank, drop it in their change counter, and get cash for it. Now I pretty much never carry cash, so I never get coins as change, so I have almost no change. Anywhere, ever, anymore. I don’t carry a wallet anymore - my phone has a little slot in the back where I carry a debit card, a credit card, healthcare card, and drivers license. And most places take Apple Pay now, so I don’t even need to reach in for a card very often.

9. AncientAx

AncientAx Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.