Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Post yer pedalboard

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Bricaster, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Here is mine as of today. Added the Saffron Squeeze about a week ago. After years of searching I finally found a compressor I can get along with.

Pedalboard 9-15-17.jpg

Notice the other patch cord in the TC Transition delay? It's the "stereo out" trick. You plug the main cable (from the prior pedal) into the stereo in of the TC. You then run a patch cable from the mono in to the stereo out and run your cable to amp (or next pedal) from the mono out. What this allows you to do is select the 16th on the toggle switch and the delays will be 1/4 notes on one channel and 1/8 on the other. Since they are now separated they will cascade into each other and build. There are some videos online. Get that Shadows delay sound very well.

Raiders757, DrZ_man and Monkeyboy like this.

2. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Senior Stratmaster

May 2, 2016
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    And this makes it "bounce" between 2 speakers?

3. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    No, only if you have two speakers. What it does is cascade the delays on into the other so the repeats kind of gallop and sort of run away. It’s like running two delays, one into the other a bit offset in time. Very much like Hank Marvin delay sound from a multi head delay. Here is the link.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/tone-hack-stereo-toneprint-pedal-hack/

playit likes this.

4. Bob the builder

May 2, 2016
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    Ty

Stratoskater likes this.

5. Raiders757

Raiders757 Senior Stratmaster

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    My God, that looks like a fire hazard. My OCD would go to eleven in that room, and I'm not talking about the pedal. :D

Stratoskater and Monkeyboy like this.

6. Raiders757

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    Did a little pedalboard rearranging last week and figured I would share the results.

With the recent purchase of the new Carbon Copy Deluxe and wanting to incorporate the Swollen Pickle, I decided to do a complete overhaul. This time I decided to put my Phase 90 before the overdrive pedals and I find that I like the Swollen Pickle after my OD pedals as well. Another change I made was to put the vibrato and tremolo pedals at the end after the HOF pedal. They seem to have a greater effect being in that position. I also added my buffer at the very end since I no longer have the buffered DD7 in the mix (was near the front with the DD7 near the end). Sorry for the crappy pic.

pedal1.jpg

I then decided to make my Pedaltrain Jr. a hard rockin' board since I needed to find my OCD, BE-OD, DD7 and Carbon Copy a home. It would be a shame if they just sat around in their boxes on a shelf. Again, I put the phase and flange before the OD pedals. They just seem a bit more subtle when placed in such a position. Once again, sorry for the crappy pic.(Don't know how some you take such good pictures)

peda2l.jpg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    1980, Bob the builder and usul1978 like this.

7. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    Ummm, what does the ghost do? Nice board by the way.

Raiders757 likes this.

8. Raiders757

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    He swallows bad tone and creates plectrums out of it. He also keeps the bad Pac-Man at bay.

Believer7713 likes this.

9. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    I see, cool. I put Bobba Fet on mine to keep those pesky Jedi away.
    1508008604064.jpg

Raiders757 likes this.

10. GoldenEagle0308

GoldenEagle0308 Strat-Talker

Jul 11, 2014
    Denver
    How do you like the boss tremolo?

11. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Strat-Talker

Mar 9, 2017
    L.A.
    It's fine. A workhorse. Nothing spectacular but it I know it's going to work and get me what I need. I use tremolo in only 2 or 3 songs in a night. So the TR-2 is fine. That said, I'm gassing for a Strymon Flint to take the place of the Arena and TR-2. Just for something different. But I'm in no hurry to replace anything now.

12. ProSonicLive

ProSonicLive Senior Stratmaster

Sep 4, 2016
    Texas
    Its a bit simple but I like it for its elegance. It has ALL TRUE BYPASS and has NO NOISE whatsoever when not engaged. For some reason I never have to maintain it.
    It does not require a lot of battery power which is great for maintenance. I also like how compact it is despite it having such a huge affect on tone. It is also VERY intuitive. I have yet to hit the wrong switch.
    Also, It takes up NO space on stage. It has never become a wall wart or any such problem when practicing.

P_20171014_160514_1_p.jpg

David Garner likes this.

13. KillingTone

KillingTone Strat-Talk Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Yardley, PA USA
    Have an update to my PB. I have reverb on all my amps but after trying out the HOF at GC, nothing built in to the amps compares (well the reverb on my Vypyr Pro is really good as are all the Vypyr effects but I don't usually run my PB into the Vypyr). So I got the HOF (from SW, not GC, thanks for the demo though!) and could not really fit everything the way I wanted. Considered moving my volume pedal to the side of the board (it's big and takes a good chunk of space on the board) but I really want the board to be self contained, so I got a mini flanger to replace my old, old, Boss flanger and got everything to fit.

I'm using 2 chains on the board, an Input chain and an Effects Loop chain:
    Input chain is a Crybaby 535Q into TC Sentry Noise Gate, then I use the Sentry's Send/Return loop for the gain effects, running a TC HyperGravity Compression, TC MojoMojo OD, and ProCo Rat 2, then out of the Sentry to the input jack.

Effects Loop chain is a TC Vortex mini flanger, TC Helix Phaser, TC FLashback Delay/Looper, and TC HOF reverb all going into a Behringer volume pedal which effectively becomes a passive attenuator and allows me to adjust the overall volume in the room while leaving the amp as cranked as I need it for the gain effects. See Pic 1.

I have a couple of amps without effects loops so I can easily switch to one chain by pulling the 2 red effects loop cables, moving the gold input cable to the volume pedal, and patching the Sentry output to the Vortex input. See the second picture for this config.

Gotta love those tank-like TC boxes, and the Sentry noise gate really controls hum/hiss well and can be tweaked to give you the perfect level of sensitivity, dampening, and decay rate. My noisiest box is usually the compression pedal (any brand I've ever used) and the Sentry really takes care of compression noise. I could never go back to having no noise gate on my board.

Pic 1
    IMG_6678.JPG

Pic 2
    IMG_6679.JPG

Raiders757, 1980 and Bob the builder like this.

14. Oaj1990

Oaj1990 Strat-Talker

Apr 20, 2016
    NY
    IMG_0034.JPG No board yet but so far this is all I really need. Just got the fuzz face a few days ago. Must say that position two with the volume rolled back a bit might be my favorite sound ever. Chords are sonic bliss.

15. 1980

1980 Strat-Talker

Dec 18, 2016
    United States
    21703EB3-855D-4C35-951C-9A6CFD46CC5C.jpeg
    Updated.

Raiders757 and Davey77 like this.

16. Bob the builder

May 2, 2016
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    Very nice. Hows that russian big muff?

1980 likes this.

17. David Garner

David Garner Senior Stratmaster

My “board” such as it is typically consists of a Turbo Tuner and a Fulldrive 2.

[​IMG]

Though next gig it might be no board, Turbo Tuner > Sunface.

[​IMG]

1980, Raiders757 and Ebidis like this.

18. NorthShore

NorthShore Senior Stratmaster

Just got the Boss CH-1, and thought it was time to post my board here. Slowly adding pedals as I gain playing experience (bedroom hobbyist) and painstakingly sort through pedal recommendations and reviews. All pedals on the board are the only pedals I've ever owned.

(edit: I actually owned a Digitech Bad Monkey for a few months, but found it to be a bit muddy sounding, so I sold it on Craigslist).

So far, in order of purchase:

- Fender footswitch for Super Champ X2. Channel switcher + effects on/off. Bought new when I bought the amp, about $30 CAD.

- Korg Pitch Black tuner. Simple and effective. Bought new on sale for about $60 CAD.

- MXR Double Double Overdrive. Bought new with gift cards, about $180 CAD. Has 2 modes: TubeScreamer-ish, and OCD-ish. Versatile and sounds great on both settings.

- MXR Carbon Copy delay. Bought used off CraigsList for $110 CAD. Fun! Used mainly for slapback delay for country/rockabilly tones, some Edge type stuff, and some Gilmour type stuff.

- Boss CH-1 Super Chorus. Just got it, B-stock from Pro Guitar Shop the day before they closed their retail operation. With discounts, about $110 CAD landed. Sounds cool, just trying to figure out how/when to use it.

Can anybody point to any websites or other online resources about how to set pedals to mimic specific songs or famous guy tones?

IMG-0773.JPG

1980, Raiders757 and Davey77 like this.

19. Raiders757

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    YouTube is a great resource, but yea, if anyone has some suggestions I wouldn't mind checking them out myself.

Nice little board as well. Your off to a great start.

NorthShore likes this.

20. 1980

1980 Strat-Talker

Dec 18, 2016
    United States
    So far I’m loving it. I have the Neo Big Muff as well so I did some side by side comparison. They are both great fuzz pedals but the green russian wins the shootout.

Bob the builder likes this.