Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Post yer pedalboard

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Bricaster, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Current board. Flickinger Angry Sparrow - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 non mosfet - JHS Morning Glory V4 - Catlinbread Belle Epoch. IMG_0698.jpg

Raiders757 and Bob the builder like this.

2. dbbluesproject

dbbluesproject Senior Stratmaster

Nov 3, 2015
    Maine
    sam_in_cali, circles and Raiders757 like this.

3. GuitarPix

GuitarPix Senior Stratmaster

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    Latest iteration - spurred by a couple of new pedals, unhappy with the case I used for my DIY board (board itself was pretty good), going back to more solo shows, and finding this Stagemaster pedal board / case - I put together this version. Pretty stripped down for me but I think it’ll be very functional.

I like that you lay out the pedals then cut the middle layer of foam to make pockets each pedal sits in, they apparently hold very well and the top holds everything in place when upright. I buried the power cables under the layer of foam. And, no Velcro or other attachment sticky stuff.

IMG_1487.jpg

The bottom set of controls is for my Katana 100 amp. Need to find a TRS cable with right angle plug for it.

Raiders757 likes this.

4. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Senior Stratmaster

May 2, 2016
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    Does your garage tone pedal give a loud pop when you activate it?

5. GuitarPix

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    No, mine doesn’t

Bob the builder likes this.

6. dbbluesproject

Nov 3, 2015
    Maine
    Nice!
    How do you like the smart gate?
    Does it affect your base tone?

7. GuitarPix

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    It does for soft picking - softening the attack a little bit, but as soon as I get more aggresive in my picking there's there issues.

8. DerRobert

DerRobert Strat-Talk Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Leubsdorf
    dbbluesproject likes this.

9. dbbluesproject

Nov 3, 2015
    Maine
    No, but that's a good idea...what do you use for an expression pedal?

10. DerRobert

DerRobert Strat-Talk Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Leubsdorf
    Just a Boss FV-500 L. Mainly because it's large (I have big feet) and it's built like a tank. I weigh nearly 100 kg and I can stand on that thing without breaking it... :D

11. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Board less at the moment since this stuff never leaves the living room.

Up front: guitar—> Boss TU2 tuner —> Wylde wah

FX loop: Boss PS6 Harmonist (in detune mode) —> Boss DD3 delay (couple short repeats) —> TC Hall of Fame2 Reverb (room setting) —> BBE Sonic Stomp (lo contour and process knobs around 9-10 o’clock just to goose the overall bass and treble a bit)
    6B24F45F-B07A-4B6B-9516-EB2EEDF2C44A.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018

12. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2014
    Frog, Texas
    I just added a couple of new pedals to my board. A Pigtronix compressor and a Danelectro EQ pedal. Reworked the order a little and man, have I been having fun!

My Cry Baby is first and the only pedal on the floor. It then runs into the TU-3. From there it's the Philosopher's Tone Micro - Behringer AM400 - Keeley Red Dirt Mini - Swollen Pickle - Fulltone Soul Bender and last is the Danelectro Fish & Chips. Out from the EQ to a Fender ABY switch then to my Bugera V-22 & my Vox AC4TV mini running an Egnater 1x12 cab with a 30w G12H.

Now my pedal board ain't your traditional pedal board. I use a music stand with holes in it so I can sit in my chair and have all my buttons, switches and knobs at my fingertips.
    I almost forgot, the Bugera foot switch is mounted to my board too. Works for me!

Now, back to playing around with my new toys:)

Pedal Board 06 06-28-2018.JPG

Stratbats, Woodystrat and Raiders757 like this.

13. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va
    My bigger board is losing the TS 9 on Saturday. The smaller one is losing the Route 66 too. My local store is doing thier pedal bash this weekend. I hope they have the new Keely Comp/ drive. And I'd like a chorus pedal or some type of modulation at least

20180628_193802.jpg 20180628_193802.jpg

Attached Files:

Raiders757 likes this.

14. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Strat-Talker

Aug 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    Posted about making the board itself a while back, but I'm at it's "final" iteration at this point. And it's final in so much that it has no room to add anything else. :D

IMG_20180703_184338_242.jpg

Ernie Ball VP > Soul Food (Turnip Greens) > Rusty Fuzz > Uni-Vibe > Crayon OD > TS Mini > Holy Grail Max (back end of Turnip Greens) > Polytune

What I tried that didn't work for me: An EVH Phase 90 pedal. I thought I wanted it before realizing that while a vibe is in essence a phaser, a phaser is not a vibe. Never really fit in as well as the Uni-Vibe does for me. I also tried an old school Danelectro Chorus pedal after the reverb for some modulated reverb type of effect, but that never really achieved what I wanted.

I will probably end up adding a delay pedal and moving to a slightly bigger board (and a better power supply). I'm also not 100% in love with the Soul Food. I could possibly end up replacing it with a stand alone reverb like the new Oceans 11 and might even look at the Hot Wax to keep the Crayon OD and still have a boost type pedal available.

I just picked up the Rusty Fuzz and it seems pretty versatile. However, it kind of does "both" in the sense of a decent Fuzz Face or a decent Big Muff. I might swap it out for a Fuzz Face in the future.

Stratbats and Raiders757 like this.

15. suncrush

suncrush Senior Stratmaster

Mar 25, 2014
    Pittsburgh
    I built an ikea board out of their Hejne shelves. It has a nice low rise so you can get to the back row without kicking the knobs on the front, but without making you play Captain Morgan. All tolled, $30. I’m very happy with it.

BC9744FE-1825-4966-A109-DDDC5F7695F1.jpeg

Stratbats likes this.

16. 808K

808K Strat-Talker

Apr 24, 2018
    Philly, USA
    My board needs to be reorganized. I love the Prince of Tone, and maybe surprisingly, I like the Bad Monkey. Everything else just ok. The board needs work. Oh, I do like the Spark too.

upload_2018-7-12_17-26-14.jpeg

Believer7713 likes this.

17. Tube ToneChaser

Tube ToneChaser Strat-O-Master

Mar 30, 2017
    South Carolina; USA
    My "grab n' go" pedalboard I finished putting together recently. I also use it in tandem with my BOSS ME-5, depending on the gig. 1531453383477.jpg

Believer7713 likes this.