Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Post your Wildlife pics from where you reside

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by johnnymg, Jan 4, 2017.

1. s5tuart

s5tuart My Dad used to say.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    It's so windy here today that the birds have taken matters into their own hands and have their own fairing!

flying-wheelie-bin_crop.jpg

2. MooC50

MooC50 Strat-Talk Member

Nov 16, 2016
    London

3. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    The neighborhood we moved from back in Oct was full of deer and rabbits. All we have now apparently is beavers damming up the retention pond at the other end of the neighborhood. Glad I don't live anywhere near that thing.

4. rbspql

rbspql Strat-Talker

IMG_3684.JPG
    I live in the countryside north of Rome, Italy. An area where wild boars are so typical that it's reflected by the name of the nearest village. They come really close to the house at dusk and night. Often you can meet them while driving. Other species are foxes, porcupines, hedgehogs; rarely badgers.

5. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

@MooC50 Nice, the fox has its own bed!!

circles likes this.

6. jaybones

Here are a couple of mine.

There's a tree right on the shore that bald eagles commonly use.

IMG_0240.JPG
    This summer/fall a monarch butterfly caterpillar made a cocoon on a wild milkweed plant we've allowed to grow in the backyard.

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG

IMG_0145.JPG

The view front the front door.

IMG_0290.JPG

And the biggest walleye I've ever caught. November 2002, 13 1/2 pounds 31 inches long, caught casting off the shore at night on the north side of the island.

IMG_0279.JPG

This isn't my pic, but we've seen these guys before (juvenile snowy owls come farther south from their range when the lemming population peaks).

(This one was taken in Cleveland, Ohio)
    [​IMG]

(Muskegon Co, MI)
    [​IMG]

There's a red fox that has a den on my next door neighbor's shoreline that he built a shore dock on then once the economy tanked didn't have the money to pay his caretaker/groundskeeper and let go. Don't have a pic of him, but he's bright red and young.

And there are plenty of white tailed deer here, I just don't have pictures of them. As well as coyotes.

7. jaybones

Just took a drive around the island (7 mile circle) and saw at least 20 deer, in small family groups or young bucks.

8. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va
    I took this one from my balcony

canon 2126.JPG

9. jaybones

Next door a few doors down.

This is what happens when it warms up quickly and the wind blows from the right (or wrong depending on if its your shoreline) direction.

IMG_0292[1].JPG IMG_0293[1].JPG

Some of that ice is almost a foot thick, from west of here. Maumee Bay (Toledo) and the Bass Islands are more sheltered and get thicker ice.

Couple winters ago guy who owns the island's taxi had his older shore dock (wood crib deck built into the water) destroyed. Ice got in between timbers and lifted them up.

When there's miles of ice being pushed by some wind it might as well be steel wedges being pressed into what ever is encounters. I've seen ice move limestone boulders that weigh as much as a small car like they were nothing.

T Bone Slort likes this.

10. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    Rescued a Western Greab that was totally tangled (visible across its back) up in monofilament line this morning. As I paddled up to the bird it was fairly obvious that it was tethered to some reeds. After reeling in the bird my wife and I cut all line off of it. That sucker has a sharp but relatively harmless bill. My 'Strat neck death grip' came in handy! :p

Western Greeb.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018

11. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    Good on ya man! And the missus!

West Coast Idea likes this.

12. johnnymg

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    That little guy got a couple direct hits in on my hands but 'no harm no foul'. :) Before I reeled it in I watched it dive and attempt to swim away (underwater) and I have no doubt that they are great underwater fishers.

West Coast Idea and Mr. Lumbergh like this.

13. Larry J

Larry J Strat-Talk Member

Mar 2, 2016
    Nebraska
    C3B2ADC0-3323-41E9-BBA1-A4CA1981939F.jpeg My neighborhood has a natural outlot that we all take care of. Nice little trail through it

14. jaybones

Mr and Mrs Fox walking across the ice.

IMG_0295.JPG

There were 7 - 8 deer in the backyard. They're so used to people I was about 25-30 feet away from the closest ones.

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

15. johnnymg

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    Saw this Bald Eagle fishing at the local lake and danged if he didn't swoop down and grab a fish!

Sorry for the fuzzy image. He was in the shadows and we didn't want to get too close for the pic.

AGBE3.jpg

16. johnnymg

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    Went birdwatching with my better half in the hills near Morro Bay.

agturrijeri.jpg

Finally saw an elusive Burrowing Owl. These little guys are dang small and blend into brush really well. Fairly rare nowadays and almost impossible to see. This pic was from about 150 yards away. When hunkered down like this one I would guess it's no more than ~5" tall.

burrowing owl.jpg

This is a Kestral and Meadowlark sharing an observation rock.

agturriMLKestrel1edited.jpg