Join Strat-Talk Today

PSA: Limited American Professional Stratocasters, Lake Placid Blue $1099 w/HSC, free ship, no tax

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by vid1900, Feb 18, 2019.

1. gofmusic

gofmusic Senior Stratmaster

We want the pics! Haha

2. vid1900

vid1900 Senior Stratmaster

^ You laugh, but I did once have to post a pic with arrow showing how to enter a code.

And I believe it was on this very forum.

gofmusic likes this.
  3. harrysmo

harrysmo Senior Stratmaster

So the only difference between their “Ltd. Edition” Lake Placid Blue ($1649) or all the other colors of their Fender Professional Stratocasters ($1449) is the color LPB? $200 extra for just the color, that’s it? At least Guitar Center sells the solid rosewood neck Ltd. Edition Strats for $1649. Their percentage off seems exaggerated with a high “normal” price of $1649.

4. vid1900

Adorama usually puts the normal ones on sale for $999, so realistically you are paying ~$100 for the LPB, White Blonde or Shell Pink limited colors (and usually a better case).

Still cheaper than GC by a few hundred bucks, no tax, and you get a "limited edition" color as a bonus.

I hope no one is paying $1500+ for Pro Strats; they go on sale all the friggin' time.

Cloud72 likes this.
  5. gofmusic

Hahaha! I was talking about pics of your friends guitar, you said he'd be sharing pics once he got home. I think it was funny how u got it was about people not being able to use the code haha I had problems myself with it too haha.

vid1900 likes this.
  6. Naquat

Naquat Strat-Talk Member

At $1099 it's about $200-$300 less than the price of a used Eric Johnson strat. Anyone compare the two hand in hand?

7. gofmusic

Whats with the Eric Johnson? whats so special about it?

8. Naquat

Naquat Strat-Talk Member

I haven't played one but a lot of what I've read about it seems to indicate that it's about as close to a CS Stratocaster you can get without paying a lot more money.

9. gofmusic

Havent played one myself either, so I can only speak for specs. Specs wise and for me its not 300 usd above a new professional. Also I think used EJ are going for more than 1400 usd... but im not sure.

10. Cloud72

Cloud72 Strat-Talk Member

I bet when folks start posting pics, all the Adorama exclusive lake placid blue strats have maple necks. My money is on the rosewood neck in the description was a misprint all along.

gofmusic likes this.
  11. jwj1701

jwj1701 Strat-Talker

Your killing me vid1900. I just jumped on the Elite before Christmas. Still trying to get used to the warmer bridge humbucker. But it’s fun looking. I’ll jump again someday. Always great to get a good deal though

vid1900 likes this.
  12. Naquat

Naquat Strat-Talk Member

How does one go about getting notified of these guitar deals?
    Do you have to join the VIP360 club at $49.99/year with Automatic Renewal? I'm not a fan of any of these "clubs" unless of course one purchases a LOT of gear. Let's face it if you generally save 10% on your purchase because you joined the club that means every year you need to spend $499.90 just to break even on your $49.99 dues.

If that's the case then a big thank you to those who do join, because it benefits them, and then shares the info !

gofmusic likes this.
  13. Cloud72

When does Adorama do the sales for the normal ones, typically? Likely Black Friday, any other time?

14. vid1900

The guys who got theirs yesterday got RW fretboards, NOT the entire neck of rosewood as first stated in the description.

A friend Toni texed me that he got an all Maple one delivered to his office this morning (he said he ordered Monday nite).

So it looks like you are right, NO ONE so far has got the all Rosewood, and Adorama totally screwed the pooch on all the different descriptions they offered in the last few days.

Stupidly, right now, the description still says:

Limited Edition All- Rosewood Neck

Cloud72 and gofmusic like this.
  15. gofmusic

I guess mine will be mapleboard then. :)
    Or maybe I get the all rosewood neck hahah I dont like all rosewood necks, so Murphys law says I could as well get it. Lol.

vid1900 likes this.
  16. jim293

jim293 Strat-Talker

That is a beautiful guitar. I should not have looked at that. Congratulations on the new toy.

gofmusic likes this.
  17. Cloud72

Glad I was wrong. I’ve almost bought this like 10 times, keep chickening out. Part of the reason is I wanted a rosewood neck.

18. vid1900

You will get 3-10 emails a day, mostly camera stuff.

Every few weeks there will be stuff on sale from Jackson, Gretsch, Fender, Ibanez and EVH tucked in between $3K lenses and Greenscreens.

To avoid Fender's Minimum Advertised Price rules, you have to follow the link in the email AND put the secret code in the checkout box.

Cloud72 likes this.
  19. gofmusic

I'd love to see pics from the people that alewalr got there lpb strat...

20. Cloud72

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.