Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

PUSH/PULL POT wiring? Also, what are some good pots?

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by BHighkin, Apr 9, 2011.

1. BHighkin

BHighkin Senior Stratmaster

I'm thinking of further upgrading my strat. Can somebody tell me how to wire it with a push/pull volume pot to get pickups routed in paralell and series without a third wire?
    Also, what are the best 250k tone pots?

2. louis cyfer

louis cyfer i know nothing

why push pull? they are a pain to switch. a push push is just a tap. it is infinitely easier to use.

3. BHighkin

whatever. I honestly don't care. But what I was thinking was that one pot would switch them between series/paralell, and the tone pots would be so that I could bypass them completely and go straight to the volume pot from middle and neck pickups.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. stratphobic

stratphobic -----------------------

With an SSS setup, it won't be as easy as just one push/pull for a combo in series. I know of one schematic that does away with the lever switch and uses I think 5 dpdt switches, one on/off for each pickup, a series/parallel switch and and a swith to select the neck/mid or mid/bridge combo while in series

6. BHighkin

After looking into it, it seems like it would be easier to have an individual push/pull pot to add each pickup. If I had only the bridge pickup on, I could push/pull the tone pot for either the neck or middle to add them in series. I was also thinking of adding a special tone capacitor to be switched on by the volume pot. Any suggesgions for this?