Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Putting a full size nut in an affinity

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by cagethelephant, Nov 8, 2012.

1. cagethelephant

cagethelephant Banned

I see alot of conplaints about the narrow nut width on the affinity. I can't tell the difference but then again I didn't play alot when I had one. Isn't is possible to just change the nut to a standard one?

2. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Strat-O-Master

I replaced the nut on my Affinity with one from a Bullet and it was much easier for me to play. The string spacing on the old nut had the e strings in about 3/16" from the edge of the fretboard. The new nut put them at about 1/8".

3. SethStratMan

SethStratMan Senior Stratmaster

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Tee H C

Tee H C Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Yu see these things don't mean anything to me cos I only played whatever I got my hands on. And not being a guitar tech all those things are quite unimportant to me. I think having problems with all these things would just wind me up cos my guitars are probs all out of bonk, but thats how I know them. A tech would probably cry. But I really know no different.

I did do a full set up on my Strat the oher day after owning her for nearly a year, and I thoroughly enjoyed doing it. But the difference to me is nothing, but to the tone polie it's probs a 1000 times better. My affinity to me was just more of a strat than my Sunn was. Infact I didn't like my Sunn cos it was too fat the width of the body and yet when I got my Affinity i thought wow thats exactly like a strat. But infact my Sunn had the depth and the affinity didn't. It was ONLY when I got a real Strat I could tell the difference.

I still think the affinity is sexy and well ... The nut to me seems to be just fine. but what do I know about guitars ? Nish

6. Ruckus

Ruckus Strat-Talker

You absolutely can change the nut. Go to your local GC pick up a tusque nut and put her in. You'll have to sand the ends of course but quite a few guys have done it from here.