Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Recording Magazine?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by FFGreen, Oct 24, 2017.

1. FFGreen

FFGreen Strat-Talker

Sep 6, 2009
    Southern CA
    Perhaps this should be in the Home Recording section, either way I'm looking for a recording magazine to purchase. I'm an amateur home recording hobbyist. I'm looking to find a recording magazine that would introduce to me and explain new technologies and recording techniques. Nothing too advanced, I'm certainly not at that level. Just a good magazine,,,,you get it.

Thanks all.......

2. pazman6

pazman6 Strat-O-Master

Best mag I have found is Tapeop. Subscriptions are free. Mostly interviews with people that range from obscure to famous. I have picked up lots tidbits in the interviews over the past 7+ years. I usually read it cover to cover.

http://tapeop.com/

http://tapeop.com/subscribe/

3. Rastus

Rastus Senior Stratmaster

Jan 1, 2014
    Australia
    Hello,

I can't recommend a magazine, but often manufacturers will allow a free down-load of a manual to support their product(s). Digital Recorder Manuals will offer you a reliable guide to understand recording basics, as well as learning a little about the features of their product. So you end up learning about both.

Good luck,

Rastus

stratman in va and amagras like this.

4. nigelr

nigelr Strat-O-Master

Aug 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    I think Sound On Sound should be available in the US. When I was starting out I read that magazine (the UK edition) for years and years. I think you can get a digital subscription as well.....

stratman in va likes this.

5. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Honestly, web searches and asking questions here are pretty helpful. I mean other than the sarcasm. :D

6. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Victoria TX
    Check out all the recording podcasts.

7. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    Youtube, channels like The Recording Revolution

8. jvin248

jvin248 Senior Stratmaster

Jan 10, 2014
    Michigan

Youtube channel 'Pensado's Place' is a good start. Not paper-based but may be useful for you.

9. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

You know, I really like that guy for his "philosophy" regarding recording/gear and such but for a step by step, which I found really helpful, I would watch some of this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/user/VisionRecordingCt

amagras likes this.

10. stratman in va

stratman in va Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 27, 2012
    Virginia
    I have read some of Sound on Sound online. Some gear manufacturers will have demonstration videos on their website, so you can see the gear in action and perhaps observe some mic placement and other things.

TapeOp is a great magazine!