Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Recording to a Samsung phone

Discussion in 'Home Recording Studio' started by Stormy Monday, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Weeee doggie Strat-Talk Supporter

We want to record our practices to my Samsung S4 phone and would prefer an external microphone to get a little better quality. Has anyone done this on the cheap and gotten decent results? If so, what kind of gear would you recommend.

thanks

Robins and thomquietwolf like this.

2. dueducs

dueducs Senior Stratmaster

I asked this question last week (you asked it a year ago). No real responses. I did a little investigating googling and found the iRig Pre- designed to connect an external mic to a phone. Got it in the mail today plan to try it out this week. I'll try to post something of the results.

Robins and Stormy Monday like this.

3. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Terra Incognito
    @Stormy Monday and @dueducs I don't know how good of an idea it is to use a cellphone to record in band environment even with an external mic. But I do suggest a Zoom H2N these are very easy to get these days for a very good price, they have the perfect type of system and mic for these kind of scenarios. Check then out on eBay you can find used ones for not much more than a good quality external mic.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Stormy Monday and dueducs like this.

4. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Weeee doggie Strat-Talk Supporter

thanks. That may be overkill for what we want to do in the barn.

5. moullineaux

moullineaux Senior Stratmaster

Jul 11, 2009
    ATLANTA, GA
    If you can find an Zoom H4 used its great for what it sounds like you’re doing minus the video of course

6. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    I know you said you want better quality.

But, my s4 makes really good recordings. Good ennuf to post on line and get an idea of how band is playing, mixes sound etc.