Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Rediscovering your guitar

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by lukido86, Mar 12, 2018.

1. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    oh wow....cool. so do they feel kinda like classical nylon strings? and do they take a long time to stretch out and stay in tune?

2. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    they feel like normal strings to me. Just a bit softer. Definitely not as loosey goosey as nylon strings and its really only the wound strings that are different. Stretched them out just like normal strings and I was good to go. I've seen claims that they don't project like standard strings do but they do fine for me. Nice crisp tone that's not too bright. I'm going to try them on my seagull cue-stick next.

heltershelton likes this.
  3. TXsquier

TXsquier Strat-Talk Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Houston, Texas
    I just “rediscovered” my strat. It’s a 2016 Olympic White / Black standard MIM HSH that’s been on and off my wall or stand but mostly in its case for the last couple years. I really didn’t bond with it at first so I haven’t really paid much attention to it. Well just last week I took it out and looked at it. I always wanted to change a few things so I installed locking tuners, bone nut,and a loaded tortoise pickguard with pure vintage ‘59 pickups. It totally transformed that guitar into what I always wanted in a Stratocaster. I now love this guitar.

4. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    I got it out of it's case after a year.

To play it.

5. Stratstrangler

Stratstrangler Strat-Talker

Mar 27, 2017
    Upstate NY
    I “re-discover” my guitars every so often. Right now, it's the one you see @ left. It is an '01 American Series (stock) and last Fall I had the frets re-done with a crown and leveling job done. The tech also adjusted a rather high tremolo action too. The result is an improved playing Strat and it still looks like a new guitar. I bought it used in'03 and has matured into a very good sounding Strat with the characteristic tone we all know about.

It sounds to me like all posters here (so far), are really in love with all their guitars and know and appreciate their
    guitars' finer points. At least, I know I do with my 5 electrics.

Stratstrangler

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  6. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 8, 2009
    Area 51
    Aw, man - you're killing me!
    One of the first strats I fell in love with was on the cover of Guitar for the Practicing Musician - pretty much a vintage version of your guitar:

[​IMG]

T Guitar Floyd and lukido86 like this.
  7. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    ha ha...i still have this exact magazine.

T Guitar Floyd likes this.
  8. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I took out my strat last night after a couple of months on the 335. Damn it felt tiny. Kind of like how I imagine a steinberger would feel. Gonna have to spend more time with it again.

T Guitar Floyd likes this.
  9. Kstu

Kstu Strat-O-Master

Oct 18, 2017
    Everett, Massachusetts
    I love that yellow one. When I was younger it was black everything now I don't own anything black and look for colorful guitars. Actually I forgot I ordered a mini acoustic a month ago that is black so I will have one.

It drives me nuts when you want a certain guitar in a specific color but if you go that route it will have different electronics. Any guitar in any color= dreamland.

10. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Senior Stratmaster

Jun 10, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    That's one of the reasons why I built a partscaster a few years ago. I was able to get a guitar with features I wanted in the color I wanted.

11. Kstu

Kstu Strat-O-Master

Oct 18, 2017
    Everett, Massachusetts
    Great idea. I am still learning about working on guitars. When I get to electronics I am going to get an inexpensive affinity or bullet to mess with. An orange one. The bullets and affinities have great options for colors, at least more varied.

12. T Guitar Floyd

T Guitar Floyd Senior Stratmaster

Oct 27, 2014
    Arizona
    Yes! Remember . . . Mr. G is rarely seen with a 335. :)

Chont likes this.