Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Refret saga continued.. Should I be mad? HELP

Discussion in 'Pre-CBS Strats (before 1966)' started by Folk_Hogan, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Folk_Hogan

Folk_Hogan Senior Stratmaster

Mar 7, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Of freaking course they're closed on Sunday's.

Mansonienne likes this.

2. fezz parka

fezz parka Wiggler of Sticks Strat-Talk Supporter

Dude, I know the guy very well who owns the place. He's a major bunghole, and a litigious one at that. You'll just end up in a battle for the sake of being in a battle.
    Take your guitar to a good guy. Tell people about your experiences with that store/shop. You live, you learn.

Jason D and Lovnmesomestrat like this.

3. ripgtr

ripgtr Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2012
    austin
    Did you pay with a credit card? You can dispute the charge. You may end up in small claims, so document everything. Do it now, while it is fresh, including who and when you talked to them.
    And get an opinion from one of the good ones, this could go a long way in the dispute.
    Damages, not sure, that would be court and proving it and all that, but disputing the charge, most times, if they are wrong or wrong enough, they drop it.

Hammer 4, Robins and fezz parka like this.

4. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    Man that is just terrible. I would not only get my money back but also sue them for not following procedures and ruining the value of a vintage neck.

Robins likes this.

5. Folk_Hogan

Mar 7, 2016
    Los Angeles
    How is everyone that works there the most salty man alive ?

6. fezz parka

They're close to the ocean? :D

Folk_Hogan likes this.

7. Folk_Hogan

Mar 7, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Bwwaaahha

Nick Evans and Lovnmesomestrat like this.

8. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 26, 2013
    So. Calif.
    So is my tech, except he's good at what he does...:D

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016

9. fezz parka

I tell ya, it's a friggin shame. But, it can be fixed. My '65 has been refretted at least 3 times, twice by me. The veneer is getting a little thin, and the slots extend ever so slightly into the maple, but that's just the result of multiple refrets on a really well used and played guitar. The guy who owned it before me was Charo's musical director. He played the crap out of it. Then I did. But that's honest wear, not some hack planing the crap out of it like he was working on an Indonesian Squier.

Robins likes this.

10. Bazz Jass

Bazz Jass Chairman of the Fingerboard Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 19, 2014
    Comfy Chair

11. Folk_Hogan

Mar 7, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Dude lmfao

montemerrick likes this.

12. Bazz Jass

Nov 19, 2014
    Comfy Chair
    Hogan, when you dropped this off you said on here: "I went to the most highly recommended shop for vintage repairs in Los Angeles"

Who made these recommendations man? Seems like there needs to be some accountability beyond the shop's hack job huh??

13. montemerrick

montemerrick spiritual birthday, April 1 Strat-Talk Supporter

i'm just glad youre laughing...

Mansonienne likes this.

14. Folk_Hogan

Mar 7, 2016
    Los Angeles
    He said, "this is the third set of frets on here" now I don't know if he was including the OGs in that - but dude!

15. fezz parka

OMG. Just...I'm at a loss of words that I can use on the forum. :cool:

Folk_Hogan likes this.

16. Folk_Hogan

Mar 7, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Honestly everyone recommended this place.

I made a post about them taking forever on Instagram and James Valentine from Maroon 5 chimed in and commented "Dude they take a while because they're the best"..

I can go there and make this a high profile problem very fast if they don't make it right tomorrow. I hate to threaten with being douchey and having a name drop scenario but this might be what it takes.

bloomz and Bazz Jass like this.

17. rolandson

rolandson Senior Stratmaster

Jul 13, 2015
    Cascadia
    I haven't any words...because there aren't any. they haven't been uttered yet.
    except...
    don't yell and scream, you'll only blow a gasket.
    call a lawyer. let the lawyer yell and scream. and get your vintage guitar replaced with an better than equal (pain and suffering). at no cost to you.

this sounds so much like a drunk monkey got in and started banging around. and they spent the last month trying to sober the money up.

I am so very sorry to hear this horror. If you are of a mind, PM the name of this shop to me so that I don't make the same mistake....Please? And yeah, no...there isn't any excuse for what you are sharing. none.

gawd man I am so sorry ...

18. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va
    You're taking this better than I would and mine just a 2000 AmStd but its got a great neck. But like Fezz says, don't let these clowns within arms reach of your guitar. Unless maybe you have a cheap imitation neck you give them just to see if they can tell the difference. Apparently they arent aware of the function of a truss rod. And why is your low E hanging out in space ? Please tell me it's because you were moving strings out of the way to get pics of your board. Just looked at more responses. If you're thinking about giving him ultimatums, don't. Those normally don't go over well. Go public if you like but don't tell them you're going to. You've already given them plenty of chances which is good on you. But at some point you have to stand up for yourself too

19. gibsonsmu

gibsonsmu Senior Stratmaster

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    I'm very sorry to hear this story. And I'm scared to ever get mine refretted now. Hope you get something figured out

20. Bazz Jass

Nov 19, 2014
    Comfy Chair
    Just been giving my 63 a big hug - this is truly upsetting...