Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Removing the grill on a Hot Rod Deluxe?

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by GroomsTune, Nov 7, 2010.

1. GroomsTune

GroomsTune New Member!

I just bought a Hot Rod Deluxe at a local flea market. Great amp but someone did a little art work on the grill. Short of signing Tom Petty's name to it I was wondering how to remove it and can you get a replacement for it if the marker won't come out?

2. jimmiraz

jimmiraz Senior Stratmaster

Yes you can.
    I know a local music shop here before the owner retired and closed shop use to sell Fender grill cloth by the roll.
    I'm sure you can find it on ebay or elsewhere with a little search.

3. Rogue Bohemian

Rogue Bohemian what? WHAT????? Strat-Talk Supporter

HNAD!!!!! He's right. Fender grill cloth (even vintage) is on the bay a lot. Reasonable prices when you look around a bit. Let us know when you're ready to put it on and you'll get some good tips.

Removal is easy. Take the amp apart, chassis, possibly the reverb tank. Then you're to the baffle board. It will have bolts on each corner that come through the cabinet with nuts and washers on the inside. Take those out and carefully remove the baffle board so as not to damage the speaker. This is also a good time to keep the cat away from the speaker. Remove the staples and the old cloth comes right off.
    Now I'm off to bed.;)

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting