Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

RIP Glenn Branca

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by dogletnoir, May 17, 2018.

1. montemerrick

montemerrick spiritual birthday, April 1 Strat-Talk Supporter

2. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    ............ :(

3. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    Guys, when someone says something incredibly stupid please don't copy and paste it into your reply, that just make more work for me deleting things.

4. fezz parka

fezz parka R.P.M. (Retired Professional Musician) Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    Like Nowheresville, man.
    Noted Lonn. Your work here is hard enough as it is. :)

5. rolandson

rolandson Senior Stratmaster

Oh...that's why I never know what's been talked about! Smart.

6. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    I was really tempted to delete every other letter of your post just to mess with you. :p

fezz parka likes this.

7. roadhog96

roadhog96 Strat-Talker

Oct 11, 2017
    CT
    No disrespect was meant to the deceased person, may he RIP. I’ll be honest, I didn’t watch the entire video so maybe I missed something I should have seen. It just appeared in the first 30 seconds of the video like he was just making a lot of noise on a guitar and jumping around a lot, it looked very simular to my grandkids imitating rock stars. I completely focused on what I saw and spaced out that this person just passed away. It didn’t sound like any music I’m accustomed to but then I’m not really up on this style of playing. Maybe theres more to it, I’ll have to take the time to listen to the entire video and do some research on this fella, I’ve never heard of him before this thread, I’m stuck in the 60’s music. Please accept my apologies if I afended anyone it was not intentional and I meant no disrespect to the deceased.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    dogletnoir and fezz parka like this.

8. roadhog96

roadhog96 Strat-Talker

Oct 11, 2017
    CT
    F297A43E-1F38-4B40-AA76-F7FCF5F5BB35.jpeg I just read the guardian news report that was posted that I completly ignored to do originaly. I feel bad for the guy, throat cancer, it must have been very painful, I cant even amagine going through something like that. It said that he was a Punk musican and Composer of Avant-garde music. I know nothing about Punk Music, little do I know so I looked it up.
    Avant-garde music is music that is considered to be at the forefront of experimentation or innovation in its field, with the term "avant-garde" implying a critique of existing aesthetic conventions, rejection of the status quo in favor of unique or original elements, and the idea of deliberately challenging or alienating audiences.
    This is a whole new world that I have never explored or even heard of. I grew up in the 60’s and know all the rock group musicans from then and have played that style of music my entire life. Never ventured out of that world, boy I have a lot to learn.

Last edited: May 17, 2018

9. fezz parka

fezz parka R.P.M. (Retired Professional Musician) Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    Like Nowheresville, man.
    Holy Modal Rounders, Marc Ribot, Sun Ra, Ornette Coleman, John Cage, Velvet Underground, the Shaggs, Zappa...Branca deserves mention among them.

Its a big beach with lots of sand. :)