Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Rock is Dead

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Stormy Monday, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Vindibona1

Vindibona1 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Rock isn't dead. It's just being outplayed by much of the crap that millenials and rappers come up with on their computers and call it music. "Popularity" is nothing more than crowd/herd mentality. Sadly the crowd at the moment is mentally ill. I have a step-son who in fact is a music producer for a large ad agency (and has actually won a couple Grammys). He puts on music and after awhile I have to ask him to put on something different before I put a bullet in my head. And trust me, I like (almost) all kinds of music. But some of the stuff today just drones on and on and on and on and on and on... you get the picture.

2. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 23, 2015
    Nowhere, man ...
    Hey hey my my, Rock-n-roll can never die.
    Not my favorite style, but yeah, good, and the vid is kooky and cheeky fun :cool:

vid1900 likes this.

3. davidKOS

davidKOS Musician, Composer, Teacher Strat-Talk Supporter

May 28, 2012
    California

Only if they are not paying up already. If they are paying a PRO fee, they are OK.

Thanks for the info.

fezz parka likes this.

4. vid1900

vid1900 Senior Stratmaster

Nov 25, 2016
    USA
    Rap has been around for 40 years.

It's not some new fad that just took over the scene, lol.
    -

99.9999% of all music is created/recorded on a computer nowadays.

I've got a 24 track 2" deck and I still use a computer to edit, add effects and chase the SMPTE track.

It's been 30 years since anyone made any new multitrack 2" decks.....computers are it.

5. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

There are all kinds of newer Canadian rock acts,,,,,Every Summer Hamilton closes its downtown streets for a rock fest and with any luck our home town boys show up....

Monster Truck

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018

6. vid1900

vid1900 Senior Stratmaster

Nov 25, 2016
    USA
    Although their name sounds like they are Deathmetal, Graveyard is actually a bluesy/doorsy/Hooky band that will not disappoint: