Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Roland Cube 40GX Replacement?

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by MetalPedal, Jan 1, 2018.

1. MetalPedal

MetalPedal Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 22, 2016
    Auto-Wah, Canada
    Loved this little guy but it sits at my brother’s place for jamming when I go over. Looking for a replacement that I can take into the backyard or a neighbor’s house without breaking my back lugging it up the stairs like my tube amps. Is the Katana 50 the one? I don’t need models or effects. Been trying to find one locally but they’re scarce as hell.

2. tery

tery Senior Stratmaster

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    It will be difficult to find an amp to replace a 40GX .

lineboat likes this.

3. MetalPedal

Oct 22, 2016
    Auto-Wah, Canada
    That’s what I’m finding out.

tery likes this.

4. Vindibona1

Vindibona1 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Look for a used Cube 40 or replace your 40 with an 80. While I think the Katanas are nice, they aren't built like the Cubes. I have a 40XL and know what you mean. Had I bought the 80 instead of the 40 I probably wouldn't have spent money on my Blues Jr.

It's kind of crazy but Cubes were very hard to find new. GC had a few and I got mine cheap on close-out. It's kind of shocking that you find *very* few on the used market. You'll see a few Cube 30's now and then, but rarely a 40 or 80. I guess Roland decided it was better to market amps under the Boss name and put the new Cubes at a different price level, competing with tubes.

MetalPedal and tery like this.

5. MetalPedal

Oct 22, 2016
    Auto-Wah, Canada
    Found one. A local member from another forum sold me one.