Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Saw a 20k strat at my local gc

Discussion in 'Pre-CBS Strats (before 1966)' started by amstratnut, Oct 1, 2018.

1. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    Very high on the wall. Not sure when 3 ply mint pg were introduced but, I have to think new pg and possibly knobs and pups would affect value.

The neck and body appeared to be aged. It was a 3 tone (fugly) sunburst.

circles likes this.
  2. TangerineDog

TangerineDog Senior Stratmaster

Sep 5, 2015
    The EU
    How much? Dang, what was that thing?

3. smithstrato

smithstrato Senior Stratmaster

Aug 25, 2013
    Para Para
    So far just a rumor.

ZlurkCorzDog likes this.
  4. jayoldschool

jayoldschool Mod Admin Staff Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Canada
    Admin Post
    There have been some killer big dollar Strats in the Hollywood FL GC Platinum Room when I've been there.

Nokie likes this.
  5. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog A Real Nowhere Man Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 20, 2012
    Not On Cloud 9
    I-can't-see-it.

Mesaman and circles like this.
  6. Strat Jacket

Strat Jacket Senior Stratmaster

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    No, what you saw was a Strat they were ASKING 20k for.

amstratnut likes this.
  7. jeff h

jeff h Senior Stratmaster

Jan 13, 2017
    Ohio
    Any pics?

If you want to see expensive guitar stuff, head to Nashville. Carters has plenty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chief101 likes this.
  8. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 3, 2009
    Mobile Bay
    Behind glass like the Nashville GC, or a vintage Stratocaster hanging out near the ceiling?

[​IMG]

9. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    On the wall, out of reach.

Namelyguitar likes this.
  10. Mesaman

Mesaman Strat-O-Master

Oct 20, 2014
    Mesa AZ
    What year, what color? Pics,
    Why didn't you ask about it?
    Geez.

PatoLoco likes this.
  11. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    If you read my op I said it was a fugly 3 tone sunburst, totally uneven at that.

It looked more like a bad relic than a real old strat.

12. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

That is pretty nuts for sure

I think the most expensive guitar I have seen on a wall would have been some random custom shop for around 10k cdn.

I dont get it. but thats cool. I dont get a few things and Im totally fine with that.

Im sure If 10 k was like 1000 dollars to me, then it would all make sense. gotta spend that stuff somewhere when you have more of it than you know what to do with.

I have just enough to know what to do with it and have enough left over to not worry about anything at all. I dont have enough for two life times so 10k guitars are out of the question at this point. but if I ever do for some odd reason get to a point where I have enough for two lifetimes, I will take the plunge on something stupid im sure..

amstratnut, circles and tstone2 like this.
  13. tstone2

tstone2 Strat-Talk Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Southern Michigan, USA
    GAS is real. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You can end this with help. Support is out there.....

lol.

14. dirocyn

dirocyn Strat-O-Master

Jan 20, 2018
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Diminishing returns. Think about how good a new $100 no-name guitar is...generally crap, but it's generally guitar-shaped, better than not having a guitar. Then think how good a $200 Squier is...you get a LOT for that second $100. Then think how much better a $500 MIM is, than the Squier...that next $300 nets you improvement over the Squier, but it's a smaller improvment than the Squier over the no-name. A $1000 USA Strat is probably better, but again it's a smaller increment of improvment.

It keeps going on like that. You keep putting in larger increments of money for smaller increments of improvement. I'd guess the $20k guitar is a tiny bit better than a $10k guitar.

For my own part, I'd rather get the "bang for your buck" of guitars in the $200-500 range. But that's just me.

15. Mipstoo

Mipstoo Senior Stratmaster

Mar 18, 2013
    Rockingham Palace
    Have they not thought you that you always must look at the guitars at eye level or below? ;)

Seriously now, let's not make this another discussion about differences between new and old, good and bad,... Everybody has their own truth...
    If you're happy with a $200 guitar, then that's great.

Vintage prices are not solely based on how good they play. A lot of other factors are influencing pricing...

16. smithstrato

smithstrato Senior Stratmaster

Aug 25, 2013
    Para Para
    Hard to believe it ever happened with out pics.....go back take pics/ ask questions and redeem yourself.
    We'll be here waiting.

ZlurkCorzDog and amstratnut like this.
  17. CephasG

CephasG Strat-O-Master

Dec 13, 2017
    Land of Lincoln
    Meh, won't make you play better. Is it really 20 times better than and American Standard / Professional? I highly doubt it.

18. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Senior Stratmaster

Jun 10, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    I think another part of it is when the product was made, and improvements in technology and process. I'd feel like $500 for a MIM Strat made recently would be a much better deal than $10k for even an American Strat made in the 50s or 60s. It seems we have newer methods of making guitars these days where we can make a guitar with good fit & finish more consistently than we did back in the 50s and 60s.

19. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    I feel self conscious asking about a guitar I cant afford, let alone take photos.

circles likes this.
  20. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    I waited for my birthday to buy a 150 dollar pedal and a 300 dollar acoustic. A 20 k guitar is nothing more than an excuse for me to call it ugly.

Thrup'ny Bit, carver and CephasG like this.