Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Send-in Servicing and Repair

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by tstewa19, May 21, 2012.

1. tstewa19

tstewa19 New Member!

Hello all,

This is my first post, and I have tried to make certain that I am not repeating a previous thread so please forgive me if I am - I have an '04 Strat that I need to have some electronic work done to and an all-around set up after that. I live in a tiny town with no one that I would trust with doing this work and I was wondering if there were any recommended service shops that take guitars that are shipped to them ?

... Thanks

2. Gevalt

Gevalt Strat-Talker

I just looked up E.TN on a map, and you're close to Nashville! 100's of luthiers to choose from.

3. Ampedusa

Ampedusa Strat-Talk Member

You are probably closer to Gattlinburg or Knoxville. With shipping costs what they are (you would be paying both ways) it may be cheaper to drive somewhere.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. OLDGREYGIT

OLDGREYGIT Senior Stratmaster

Have you considered having a go yourself?
    Once you start, it's quite fun, and whilst not totally straight forward, is not beyond the scope of the average handyman.
    Plenty of people on the forum to seek advice from, plus, you get to know your plank a lot better!
    It's a bonding thing. I nearly bonded mine with a lump hammer several times!

6. MovingInSloMo

MovingInSloMo Strat-Talk Member

make a stop in nashville. so many famous shops that can give it a good setup. It's the music capitol of the south, and working musicians need workin instruments.

7. Strat edgy

Strat edgy Strat-Talker

Yeah, seriously, If you can't get a great set up in Nashville, Where can you?!?!