Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Seymour Duncan Humbucker set for Strat

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by Brucifer85, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Brucifer85

Brucifer85 Strat-Talk Member

May 2, 2015
    South Africa
    Hi there.

Hopefully @SeymourDuncan can chime in here.

I am considering turning my one Strat into a HH guitar. However I would like to stick to low output humbuckers.

I'd like the neck to be a bright sounding humbucker and the bridge also to be on the brighter side but be able to do good cleans as well.

I was thinking a Jazz neck and Jazz bridge set?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017

2. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Low output but bright bridge pickup...sounds like the Screamin' Demon. I had one in my strat for a short time. A little too trebly for my tastes but may be up your alley.

I have the Jazz as a neck pickup in my RR1...love it.

Brucifer85 likes this.

3. Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan Senior Stratmaster Vendor Member

The Jazz neck and Jazz bridge set is bright, but with a scooped EQ (clean and clear, tight lows, and not a lot of mids). This set sounds great in a Strat, so does an Antiquity set, which is also clean and clear. A 59 set will add some bass to the mix. But I think you are on the right track.

Brucifer85 likes this.

4. Ebidis

Ebidis Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    I love the Jazz as a neck pickup, can't go wrong there. I have a guitar with a Jazz in the neck, and a '59 Neck (SH1N) in the bridge, and I love that combo.

Both low output, and clear, articulate tone.

I also have a Les Paul with the Slash Alnico II Pro signature set. They are outstandingly good pickups IMHO.

5. Antigua

Antigua Senior Stratmaster

Feb 28, 2014
    in between
    Seymour Duncan doesn't really make genuinely low output humbuckers in the vein of Filter'trons. The market is really limited there. The only two PAF sized low output HB's are from DiMarzio, the EJ Custom set, and the Humbucker from Hell, where the former has poles and screws, while the latter has DiMarzio hex screws all around. These pickups have a genuinely low inductance when wired in series, and will compare with a Strat pickup tone wise, but give you the more complex tone of a full sized humbucker, a complexity achieved by generating voltage from wider segments of the guitar string.

Brucifer85 likes this.