Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Share your random fun fact.

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Mr. Lumbergh, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 23, 2015
    Nowhere, man ...
    I mostly was pissed off and irritated all of 2017 and half of 2018. Now, I'm just pissy and irritable :cool:

ocean likes this.
  2. Monkeyboy

May 23, 2015
    Nowhere, man ...
    Oh, the Q size Oxygen cylinder I got today only cost $20, and the 14" chop saw wheel $10,
    so I walk out of there only $30 lighter . Small town, good prices ! :)

ocean likes this.
  3. Dumpster Chicken

Dumpster Chicken Strat-Talk Member

Nov 21, 2016
    Az
    What about the Bagdad battery?

4. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Senior Stratmaster

Jul 21, 2015
    USA
    "two outta three ain't bad" -

[​IMG]

Guy Named Sue likes this.
  5. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Senior Stratmaster

Jul 21, 2015
    USA
    another fun fact fact....
    between the broadcaster and the telecaster there was nocaster

Stratbats and Monkeyboy like this.
  6. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Back in the day (late 60's) if you bought a MOPAR 440 6 pack there was no warranty. Not so with other engines, such as the 426 HEMI (which might have been a better engind) or 383.

The powers that be thought 440 6 pack owners would be drag racing and putting undue wear and tear on the cars.

7. Monkeyboy

May 23, 2015
    Nowhere, man ...
    hemp seed is loaded with unsaturated fats (lots of omegas, too) and protein.
    coconut oil (yummy stuff !) is all saturated fat .
    If you put enough apples, blueberries, and stevia powder in it,
    you can make a greens smoothie taste pretty dang good.
    chicken make lousy house pet.

8. jaybones

Calvin Coolidge was the only living president to appear on US currency.

He appeared on a commemorative coin celebrating our sesquicentenial in 1926.

ocean and elduderinoTF like this.
  9. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Strat-O-Master

Apr 21, 2014
    Omaha
    Tang.

10. omahaaudio

Apr 21, 2014
    Omaha
    From the Latin phrase "Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus" meaning "Now is the time to drink, now the time to dance footloose upon the earth".

Stratbats likes this.
  11. omahaaudio

Apr 21, 2014
    Omaha
    The phrase is "cutting off your nose TO SPITE your face" and its meaning is obvious.

12. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Candy Corn

1. It was invented back in the 1800s.
    The tri-colored
    candy is said to have been created by a man named George Renninger who worked at the Wunderlee Candy Company in Philadelphia, PA.

2. The original name was unappetizing.
    Goelitz Confectionary Co. began manufacturing and distributing the candy in 1898 with the name "Chicken Feed," thanks to it's resemblance to corn kernels. That company later changed its name to
    Jelly Belly in 2001, and it continues to sell the treat today!

3. The process will amaze you.
    The recipe for candy corn has remained virtually the same since the beginning-the main ingredients are sugar, corn syrup and marshmallow which, back in the 1800s, were stirred in giant black kettles, then poured by hand (one color at a time) into special molds. Today the process is much easier thanks to machines-the Jelly Belly factory can spit out as many as 1,200 kernels per second.

3. One serving has a crazy amount of sugar.
    Just 19 pieces adds up to a whopping 28 grams of sugar-that's nearly up there with the sugar content of an entire can of Coca-Cola! Keep the candy bowl out of reach of kids, or your little monsters might start bouncing off the walls.

4. Apparently there's a right and wrong way to eat it.
    Do you carefully nibble on your candy corn, or munch on it without much thought at all? Back in 2013, the
    National Confectioners Association took a survey to find out how it's eaten most frequently-turns out most eat the whole piece at once, but 42.7% claim to start with the narrow white end first. The three colors taste exactly the same, yet somehow starting at the yellow end just seems wrong.

BBNOOQc.png

ocean likes this.
  13. space

space Strat-Talker

May 17, 2018
    midwest
    5 sets of us presidents have the same last name

14. open strings

open strings New Member!

Jul 7, 2013
    Lynchburg VA
    Flintlocks are an early example of precision engineering. It was important to make them interchangeable.

15. open strings

open strings New Member!

Jul 7, 2013
    Lynchburg VA
    The pinky finger on my fretting hand stretches out further than any of my other pinky fingers.

16. open strings

open strings New Member!

Jul 7, 2013
    Lynchburg VA
    Yesterday is a kid in the corner.

17. jaybones

That's what I thought also. Apparently what I read meant soda.

18. jaybones

Probably since your fretting hand is more flexible.

When I was in high school senior year AP A&P we measured our lung capacity. Mine was 3800 cc's, or 3.8 liters.

The only explanation I could come up with involved a 3' Graffix.

19. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Senior Stratmaster

Jul 18, 2017
    The Heartland
    John Wilkes Booth originally planned to kidnap Lincoln, and then exchange him for a large number of captured Confederate soldiers.

It seems Booth decided to murder the president when he attended Lincoln's speech about Reconstruction. Upon hearing Lincoln declare it was time to give voting rights to African-Americans, Booth became enraged, and declared he would kill Lincoln. He shot Lincoln three days later.

The conspiracy was broader than we usually hear about. At roughly the same time as the Lincoln assassination, co-conspirator David Herold stood watch while Lewis Powell brutally attacked Secretary of State William Seward with a Bowie knife. Somehow, Seward survived. Concurrently, George Atzerodt was supposed to shoot Vice President Johnson in his room at the Kirkwood House, only two blocks from Ford's Theatre. Although Atzerodt was in in the building at the appointed time, he lost his nerve, and Johnson went unharmed.

Herold, Powell, Atzerodt were three of the four conspirators hanged for their part in the plot.

ocean and Stratbats like this.
  20. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Senior Stratmaster

Jul 18, 2017
    The Heartland
    The Secret Service started as a branch of the Treasury Department tasked with stopping counterfeiting. It not become a presidential security detail until after the assassination of President William McKinley, the third presidential assassination in 36 years.

ocean likes this.