Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Share your random fun fact.

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Mr. Lumbergh, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Senior Stratmaster

Jul 18, 2017
    The Heartland
    Among Billboard's Top 100 Hits of All-Time, Paul McCartney has more songs by himself (3 - "Silly Love Songs"; "Say, Say, Say"; "Ebony and Ivory") than he does with The Beatles (2 - "Hey Jude"; "I Want to Hold Your Hand").

circles likes this.
  2. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

The Roman Emperor Nero (37–68 AD) had ice brought from the mountains and combined it with fruit toppings to create chilled delicacies.

Puts a whole new meaning to the phrase "hey, go get me some ice.".

3. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Senior Stratmaster

Jun 10, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    If we went back to a gold standard for money, then would it only be possible to have that much gold's worth of money available for everyone?

4. G Money

G Money Strat-Talker

Jul 9, 2010
    League City, TX
    The top selling single of all time is Bing Crosby's White Christmas, so merry christmas.

circles likes this.
  5. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    Even those weak ones that wind up, wind up, and then are nothing more than a “pew?”

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  6. Nadnitram

Jul 18, 2017
    The Heartland
    An Olympic pool is 50m long, 25m wide, and 2m deep, or 2500 cubic meters.

A single cubic meter of gold weighs 19.32 tonnes, or 42,593 lbs. That's about the weight of 7 Rolls Royce Phantoms, the heaviest car in production.

eclecticsynergy likes this.
  7. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
  8. circles

Deleting policies:

Facebook
    The world’s largest social network website saves your data for “as long as necessary to provide products and services to you and others.” This in reality means your deleted data is never really deleted from Facebook servers.

Gmail
    Google’s Gmail also follows a similar polity to Facebook. Gmail “may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers,” after you delete an email.

Twitter
    Twitter doesn't have a forthright answer to this question. It doesn’t state on what it does when you delete a Tweet, but says that “search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information, like your user profile information and public Tweets, even after you have deleted the information from the Twitter Services or deactivated your account.”

Snapchat
    When you view a snap, it’s automatically deleted from the company’s servers—in “most cases.” It doesn't however stipulate exactly in which cases the images are saved. Snapchat “can’t guarantee that the messages will be deleted within a specific timeframe” and says your snap “may remain in backup for a limited period of time.”

note: I am transitioning from Gmail to Protonmail.

9. Mr. Lumbergh

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    My best chances are with Snapchat though, and that’s the closest thing to social media I have besides guitar forums.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    circles likes this.
  10. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

In the diamond world the more colorless a diamond the more valuable it is.

The Levian Chocolate Diamond Collection is marketing what were once junk stones as something desirable and valuable.

Even more than the marketing and percieved value of pretty trinkets.

11. Mr. Lumbergh

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    Wombats, burrowing animals native to Australia, are the only known animals that produce cube-shaped poo.

12. circles

That doesn't really sound... comfortable.

13. ole lefty

ole lefty Strat-Talker

Mar 24, 2018
    north carolina
    you can't trust a fart after the age of 50

jaybones and REWTX like this.
  14. Nadnitram

Jul 18, 2017
    The Heartland
    Reminds me of Buffalo wings, which started as a creative way to get rid of the part of the chicken that people didn't want to eat. With the right marketing, though, those little suckers went from trash to treasure.

15. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I never trust them...

16. circles

As of approximately 9:43 AM (PST) this thread had 52,130 views.

2nx3u0.jpg

jaybones likes this.
  17. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    I don’t like them.

circles and Nadnitram like this.
  18. Mr. Lumbergh

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    What?!?!? The Holy Trinity of food is pizza, hot wings, and beer.

Nadnitram likes this.
  19. Nadnitram

Jul 18, 2017
    The Heartland
    ...although the pizza and wings are negotiable. :D

20. circles

Super Bowl Sunday is top day for pizza consumption in the US.

Over 5 billion pizzas are sold all over the world each year.

Pizza was being prepared by people of Pompei when the volcano erupted and buried the city. :(

Gennaro Lombardi opened the first licensed American pizzeria in 1905 —Lombardi’s Pizzeria Napoletana in New York City.

In Japan, eel and squid are favorites. :eek:

The word “pizza” dates back over a thousand years—it was first mentioned in a Latin text written in southern Italy in 997 CE.

The first frozen pizza hit the market in 1962. [editors note: I think there are still a few of these out there

The first pizza ordered by computer happened in 1974: The Artificial Language Laboratory at Michigan State needed to test out its new “speaking computer,” so they used it to order a pepperoni, mushroom, ham, and sausage pizza from a local pizza joint.

download (1).jpg

"Is refrigerator running? Better go catch it. ha - ha - ha. Stupid hu-man."

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018