Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

shaving

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by heltershelton, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    I use a plain ol’ Gillette Mach 3, but I shave in the shower. I have a mirror in a suction cup and hanger for the razor. Shaving at the end gives the beard time to soften up, and makes it easy to keep clean; I slow the shower to a trickle to save water but hold the razor under it and it knocks out the shavings and whiskers that get stuck between the blades.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  2. ukoldgit

ukoldgit Senior Stratmaster

Feb 20, 2018
    Wiltshire UK
    Made here in Reading Berkshire!
    upload_2018-10-18_18-35-32.jpeg

3. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    the one i got said it wont rust. that remains to be seen.
    the blades will rust eventually, but thats why they make new ones.
    you can spend anywhere from $10 to over $300 on one. mine was between $20 and $30.

Mansonienne likes this.
  4. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Mar 11, 2010
    Norman, OK

Yep. I pretty much have to shave after a shower. Gotta have it soften up. It hurts like hell, to try and shave otherwise.

Boognish and Mr. Lumbergh like this.
  5. problem-child

problem-child Senior Stratmaster

Aug 28, 2008
    Left Coast, USA
    I have the Pocohontus gene I guess. The family always said it was the cause of our being sparsely haired.

I shave about once a week with whatever the the wife or kids have left in the shower. I do have a goatee and mustache that I trim once every couple of weeks with an electric trimmer.

Leaves more time for guitar.

6. Silvercrow

Silvercrow Senior Stratmaster

Nov 6, 2014
    Bucks County, Pa.
    ABSOLUTELY!!

Merkur Soligen Germany! EXCELLENT quality; I've been using one since about 2007/08. Used to use an electric but they all started to be made in China- found a German made Braun but the replacement foils were $70.00! A guy on a gun board I'm on urged me to try the Merkur- NEVER looked back!

Do you use the boar or badger hair brush & "cake" soap! (I didn't get through this entire thread yet- sorry if you mentioned soaps...)? They can be a bit pricey but last for years and years (the brushes). I've never ENJOYED shaving so much! Close, smooth and a relaxing experience all in all!

BTW- I've found that CVS sells their brand stainless blades for like $2.25 / pack of 10. Made in Isreal they are SHARP and hold their edge for quite a while. The Merkur blades are excellent, thought a bit pricey...

Brian

heltershelton and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  7. RPKennedy

RPKennedy Senior Stratmaster

Apr 27, 2013
    Oconomowoc, WI
    I love it when the Brits say "Bloody Hell".

simoncroft and heltershelton like this.
  8. StratSounds

StratSounds Senior Stratmaster

Sep 10, 2016
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Here’s mine, I prefer maple;). Actually it’s some kind of fake ivory. Great razor.

8D998839-0034-4746-9CCD-1AC1C102974A.jpeg

9. heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    i just use regular ole shaving creme. 10 merkur blades were $4.00. still way less then disposables.

Silvercrow likes this.
  10. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland
    No and I'll never go back to them either. Not that I shave much these days. Maybe twice a week.

heltershelton likes this.
  11. space

space Strat-Talker

May 17, 2018
    midwest
    Just bought one myself
    The ONLY way to shave :D

12. heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    pardon me, while i fly my aeroplane!
    :p

Bob the builder and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  13. Jimi Lightning

Jimi Lightning Senior Stratmaster

Dec 21, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Shaving...shaving....what is that word....lol
    Having retired 6 months ago I threw away my razors ( no more cuts Or scrapes etc...) yipeeeee!
    Actullay rebeling and returning to my natural state from 1986. Still waiting for the better half to say enough....lol :rolleyes:

On track though never tried a straight razor. Used 3 blade sensor excels for years but switched to disposables. From what I gather a staright razor would have been the way to go. Now tou tell me. ;)

14. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member

Dec 4, 2013
    largo,fl
    no one believes me but I have been using the same 5 blade disposable razor head for over 2 years.

I strop it on a pair of Levi's every few days, in the forward non cutting direction and it is sharper than the new one you just pulled out of the pack.

unless the blade gets nicked, stropping the scrunge off of it makes it as good or better than new.

so many of you are throwing away money meant for new strings on disposable razor blades.

I am not cheap and will not compromise my shave - go to u toob and type in sharpening disposable razors with levis and wake up you money thrower outers.

15. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
  16. heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    are you raining on my parade?

17. Wayne

Wayne Strat-Talker

May 6, 2011
    Baltimore
    ^this

Shaving is dumb 20th century bull**** meant to sell razors and keep middle class shnooks on the neverending treadmill of earning and spending. It hurts, is bad for your skin, and makes you look like a weak beta cuck.

yes yes Alexander the Great was big into shaving but he was also a genocidal moron who died at a young age far from home. This is the failed mentality it takes to want to look like a young boy your entire life.

18. heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    i disagree. there are things i want to say here but i would be banned fur sure.

19. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    I get 6mo to a year out of a 5 blade.

20. Wayne

Wayne Strat-Talker

May 6, 2011
    Baltimore
    haha really? Come at me!

heltershelton likes this.