Join Strat-Talk Today

Short Scale Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Hugh, Feb 19, 2011.

1. ejdrews

ejdrews Strat-Talk Member

Does a 24.75 scale qualify as a short scale? Here's a pic. of my 2002 Fender Cyclone in graffiti yellow. Haven't seen one posted on here yet. Sounds great and fun to play.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. rolloman

rolloman Strat-O-Master

Newbie about short scale Strats, but always knew I preferred a 24.75". I just completed a Strat partscaster and put a USAG conversion neck on it. I really, really love it. It's very hard to find used conversion necks, so I was wondering what scale are Jagmaster necks and will they work on strat without bridge or neck heel mods?

3. srvsayce78

srvsayce78 Most Honored Senior Member

I guess it has to be this for me!

My old LUKE model! Very short scale compared to a Strat!

Attached Files:

4. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    Just picked up this CIJ Vista Series Jagmaster today. 3 hour round trip and worth every minute.

ImageUploadedByStrat-Talk forum1441241921.391545.jpg ImageUploadedByStrat-Talk forum1441241931.978736.jpg

5. pauljo1963

pauljo1963 Senior Stratmaster

6. bloomz

bloomz Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

I have 2 Valley Arts strats with 24.75 scales.

Also a pre-Fender MIJ Squier with that medium scale. And a JA-90 Jim Adkins Telecaster. I figured I'd sell the JA cuz it's a new guitar not a semi-vintage.

I was looking to sell a guitar to cover the MIJ Contemporary HH I just bought.

I got down the JA-90 last night and realized I absolutely LOVE the way it feels with the medium scale and 7's on it.

7. bjornkom

bjornkom Strat-Talk Member

I have two telecasters with short(er) scale conversion necks. The top one is a MIM Fender Standard Tele with a Musikraft one-piece maple, 25 1/8" (25.125) conversion neck (prototype), and the bottom one is a MIM Fender '72 Reissue Thinline Tele with Warmoth 24 3/4" (24.75) conversion neck, Pau Ferro on Maple.

The former isn't strictly speaking a short scale neck, but it's shorter enough to "take the edge off" that Fender 25 1/2" scale length. I contacted Musikraft and suggested a scale length right in between Fender and Gibson, and they built this prototype 25 1/8" (25.125) conversion neck for me. It's very close in feel to a PRS 25" scale type neck. To me, it feels just right! Highly lovely! I also like that it doesn't look all that different from a regular Fender neck, as far as visual length goes.

The latter is a typical Gibson 24 3/4" (24.75) scale conversion neck from Warmoth that I find immensely comfortable to play. To the sensitive guitarist eye, though, 24 3/4" scale or shorter, does start looking a tad goofy when mounted to the classic strat or tele style body that we are so used to seeing...

[​IMG]

8. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Strat-Talker

1960 Fender Duo-Sonic

[​IMG]

9. vlxerdon

vlxerdon Strat-O-Master

Might as well join as well. 1966 Fender Mustang.

Attached Files:

10. Lone Picker

Lone Picker New Member!

Here is my Squier M-77 DSCF0034 (1).JPG DSCF0032 (1).JPG

circles likes this.
  11. circles

circles Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I have a short scale - bass!

image1 bass.jpg

I like it very much.

12. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

My first bass was a Harmony H906 short scale bass. Looked just like this one.
    1534566371440.jpg
    It was crazy fun to play and had really got p'ups.

13. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Here's my current short scale guitar. I got it as a throw in with a Vox amp that I bought about a month and a half ago. Did some work on it and now have quite a nice little travel guitar. I will be changing the bridge out for one that's probably worth a much as the entire guitar but that's what makes it such a fun little hatchet (it's not a full size axe) with a 22.5 inch scale.
    20190301_120021.jpeg
    Yes, the sum of the parts is worth more than the whole...even now as it sits. Once i get the Schaller bridge it's really going to be worth more than it's worth.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.