Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Show me your Telecasters!

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by Hudman_1, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Hudman_1

Hudman_1 Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

May 12, 2018
    Gibraltar Michigan
    I'm very happy with my EJ and AmPro Strats. I’ve been playing guitar for years. I owned a bunch of guitars. I’ve never owned a Telecaster. I don’t know why I never bought one. I am seriously considering buying one. I’ve been “window shopping” online. LOL

Show me your Telecaster(s). Fuel my GAS. :D

2. AncientAx

AncientAx Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 24, 2010
    Maryland
    60E81C51-79D7-426D-8BF3-882D3A9BB67F.jpeg F5DEAA62-4345-49AD-A75D-84180FC6B65A.jpeg Not a Fender but a tele none the less ...

n1kk_s, Raiders757, Nadnitram and 6 others like this.

3. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama

4. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    oh hell yeah......
    me warmoth build...
    received_2204119066268215.jpeg

5. archetype

archetype Strat-O-Master

Nov 26, 2016
    Williamsville NY
    2016 Baja 50s. Fat neck with a bit of V below the 5th fret and morphing to a C by the 7th. Twisted Tele neck pickup is full and clear, and Broadcaster bridge pickup has big, fat twang. I don't use it, but it has an S-1 switch that will give you a convincing Strat 4th position tone. The 4th position on the pickup switch gives you both pickups in series and is close to a humbuckerish tone. Very versatile and an incredible value in the Fender lineup.

1998 James Burton Standard, the FSR stringless version. Nice U-profile neck. When I was down to 1 guitar, this is the one I kept. You'll have to buy this model used unless you can find a Reverb seller that still has a boxed, new one.

You need a Tele for the same reasons I need a Tele. It takes me to places my Strats and Les Paul can’t go. It makes me a better player because it’s a crisp, articulate, immediate transducer of how badly I play: there’s nowhere to hide with a Tele. Simple and almost-primitive as it is, it’s a universal guitar and, if you understand it, you can make it do anything. Nothing else sounds like a Tele, even guitars that almost sound like a Tele, and guitars that people claim can be made to sound like a Tele, really don’t.

Just buy one with a neck you can get along with. I recommend the vintage-style stamped steel bridge with 3 saddles so you can experience and work with classic Telecaster twang. You can always dial it out with the tone control, and using volume and tone controls is essential to making it do what you want. Pickups are easily replaced to suit your ear.

6. bassetman

bassetman Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 14, 2018
    Pomeroy, WA

7. WireLine

WireLine Strat-Talk Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Midland TX
    < —-

There’s one of em, anyway

8. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    1532213843653.jpg
    My MIM and Contemporary HH
    1532213942361.jpg
    This is one that's been an ongoing project that had been a pain. The guy that cut the body did a piss poor job and now I have to straighten the neck pocket. But it's the Telecamphor.

9. CarbonCanyon

CarbonCanyon Strat-Talker

Mar 30, 2018
    Mt. Rainier

10. Hudman_1

Hudman_1 Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

May 12, 2018
    Gibraltar Michigan
    Wow! Thanks for the great advice.

11. Tom Cat Strat

Tom Cat Strat Strat-Talker

Jun 3, 2018
    New York
    Forgive me, I have the ugly as sin Joe Strummer model.

May be ugly, but the thing rips. Has those vintage pickups, vintage bridge, vintage frets, vintage tuners...hell, the whole thing is a classic, vintage, ripping rock and roll guitar.

[​IMG]

12. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    I got a Baja Tele in April, and it has pretty much become my #1. It's just that good. I can't recommend them enough. It's light weight, great action, great sound, and the switching is very versatile.

There is just no downside to this guitar. I have paid a lot more for guitars that were a lot worse.

IMG_1768.JPG IMG_1773.JPG fullsizeoutput_197.jpeg fullsizeoutput_19a.jpeg

13. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Lost
    There is a purple one running around the house somewhere, I'm hoping it gets lost and cant find its way back to the living room.
    100_0314.JPG

14. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2014
    Frog, Texas

15. Stratman54

Stratman54 Strat-Talker

Jun 6, 2016
    Weaver AL
    Don't have a Telecaster but I do have a 1983 Strings and Things of Memphis Bluesmaster. LP body shape, Telecaster platform. I have a new set of pickups coming from a winder in Croatia that I've had experience with. More vintages voice coming. IMG_0794.JPG

16. RaySachs

RaySachs Strat-O-Master Silver Member

Jun 25, 2017
    Philly area
    I love telecasters, but I love strats more, and I've found (through experience) that when I have a traditional tele and a strat, the tele never gets played. I'm not a bridge pickup guy and other than the tele bridge pickup, any other sound I can get out of the tele I can more or less get from the strat and I can also get the in between sounds on a strat. So having both never worked for me and I'm never giving up my strat. So my tele is my P90 guitar. It's a Modern Player thinline which comes with dual P90s. They sound good out of the box but they're noisy buggers, so I upgraded the pups in this to Vintage Vibe soapbars, which are shielded better and are RWRP and they sound great and are reasonably quiet. I really like the neck on this guy and it was ultimately the only way I was gonna have a tele that got played. And it gets played!

[​IMG]untitled-1-10 by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

RL21980, Nadnitram, jvin248 and 7 others like this.

17. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Strat-O-Master

Oct 25, 2012
    Southern California
    IMG_0200.jpg
    Warmoth Black Korina capped with Bloodwood, Warmoth Bloodwood neck, Canary skunk stripe and Rosewood fretboard, Seymour Duncan Antiquities.
    IMG_0208.jpg
    Warmoth Swamp Ash body Fender neck, Seymour Duncan Antiquity P90 and tele bridge pickups.
    IMG_0447.jpg
    Warmoth Alder capped with Quilted Maple, Warmoth roasted Maple neck Rosewood fretboard, Seymour Duncan vintage mini humbucker and P90 and SD Five-Two bridge pickup.
    IMG_0449.jpg
    Warmoth Black Korina body, Warmoth roasted Maple neck, Seymour Duncan vintage P90s and Dimebucker middle pickups.