Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Show off your tube amp!

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Jigglebone, Apr 19, 2017.

1. McStratter

McStratter Strat-Talk Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Ahwatukee
    IMG_5026.JPG
    I run my OG blonde Hot Rod Deluxe in stereo with my 3rd gen black Hot Rod Deluxe...

1980, xland and johnnymg like this.

2. owenmoney

owenmoney Strat-Talker

Jun 21, 2013
    They are awesome amps, I have an Express 5:50 Plus and it is so versatile, from Fender cleans to Marshall roar and all the Mesa tones in between , for home I use the five watt setting and you can play really quiet or you can scream like a demon at low volume , best amp I've ever had . I could have gotten the mark five but the Express does everything I want it to do..

3. owenmoney

owenmoney Strat-Talker

Jun 21, 2013
    carver likes this.

4. KillingTone

KillingTone Strat-Talk Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Yardley, PA USA
    The T50 puts out a lot of good sound for a great price IMO. Some nice breakup on its own plus takes pedals well and has an effects loop. The cab has a stereo setting to input to each speaker separately. The head is not the style for you if you like vintage, though. Works for me though. IMG_6523.JPG IMG_6540.JPG

xland and johnnymg like this.

5. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

Thank you :)

I ended up trading the DC 3 in for a Dual rec about a month and a bit back

6. Adam Moss

Adam Moss Strat-O-Master

Feb 10, 2016
    Manchester, UK
    I have the same USA Pro Strat. Vintage single coils and a matching zebra humbucker. Gorgeous tones. A dream to play. Think it was a GC FSR in the USA...and the same with Andertons in the UK. Somewhere between an American Special and American Standard price-wise.

7. McStratter

Jul 3, 2017
    Ahwatukee
    My back line... lol! Vox AC15C1 in stereo with my Handwired Deluxe Reverb
    IMG_5323.JPG

StratoVox, xland, Bera and 1 other person like this.

8. jojo68

jojo68 Strat-Talk Member

May 27, 2013
    Cydonia,Tx

9. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-Talker

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    Mine...

Attached Files:

xland and McStratter like this.

10. Rich b in tempe

Rich b in tempe Strat-Talk Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Tempe az
    IMG_5245.JPG IMG_5246.JPG IMG_5250.JPG IMG_5252.JPG IMG_5259.JPG Heres my Brian Cox (RIP) Ultimate 57' 5e3!! The wiring is the cleanest ive ever experienced!! JAN NOS TUBES-Weber 12A125A alnico speaker!!

11. McStratter

Jul 3, 2017
    Ahwatukee
    bluesmanmartin likes this.

12. bluesmanmartin

bluesmanmartin Strat-Talk Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Practice room
    It’s the best sounding amp I’ve had. I had a Twin Tweed RI hand wired with Mercury Magnetics transformers, Vox AC30 CC2 and a Custom Princeton Reverb and this amp is the best tone wise to my ears. It sounds great at low volume of 3-4 and is very touch sensitive but not as touch sensitive as the Twin.

McStratter likes this.

13. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2014
    Frog, Texas
    Stratoskater likes this.

14. McStratter

Jul 3, 2017
    Ahwatukee
    That is sooo cool looking!!!

Stratoskater likes this.

15. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    I was worried the rear knobs would bother me but I’ve not really had any issue. Since it’s one tone I kind of set that and use pickups, tone and volume knobs to vary the sound. I tend to leave the verb and trem basically set and use the foot switch to turn them on and off.

StillAlive&Well likes this.

16. roadhog96

roadhog96 Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    CT
    I'm really into the early Blackline faceplate Silverface Drip Edge amps as if you can't tell by the picture. It's what I had growing up and in a band back then. The Deluxe Reverb and Pro Reverb were manufactured in 67 which are essentially Blackface amps that had the new Silverface cosmetic look introduced for the 68 models. The Bandmaster Reverb is one of the earliest 68 produced. All have the first version of SF grill cloth that was only used for a short time and replaced with a different version about mid 68. All handwired tube amps, original RCA, and Telefunken tubes, JBL D120F and Jensen C12NA speakers. All have been kept in pristine condition over the years and are maintained by myself. Just can't let the past go, it was a great time for Rock N Roll and and a lot of good memories. IMG_5094.JPG My first all tube 1966 Kalamazoo Reverb 12 manufactured by CMI Chicago Musical Instrument Co. before it became Gibson. I bought new in 66.
    IMG_0134.JPG

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    Yaralag, 1980 and johnnymg like this.

17. Traitor Joe

Traitor Joe Strat-Talk Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Riverside, CA
    Pretty pleased with my rig! Show off you say...

Peavey Encore 65, tube (ss rectifier), awesome freakin' tone. 2x 6L6's, 3x 12ax7, 1x 12a(t I think?)7. Replacement Warehouse ET65 4 ohm speaker.

The Strat is pretty awesome too, MIM Satin Stratocaster from '03 or '04 (I stripped most of the paint off), replacement neck since I wore the frets down to nubs and it was cheaper than a refret, dirt cheap Amazon.com "loaded alnico 5 pickguard" with a nice GFS alnico 2 bridge pickup (still can't bring myself to use it despite that and it being connected to a tone control...) Full sized pots and nice beefy 5-way switch also from GFS.

1509673988475.jpg

18. Nate D

Nate D Senior Stratmaster

Apr 2, 2016
    Ohio
    574A5042-8132-4F75-843E-49A5C1C889B7.jpeg My Clark Beaufort Reverb (a Blackface ‘65 Deluxe Reverb clone)

Stratoskater and Yaralag like this.