Join Strat-Talk Today

Similar Necks To Lonestar & Blacktop

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by chicago slim, May 16, 2018.

1. chicago slim

chicago slim Strat-O-Master

For me, the best playing Strat neck has been my 2012 Blacktop Strat. Since I own several PRS guitars, I'm used to a thick, 9.5' or 10" radius, gloss finish, 22 frets and a 6 screw tremolo. I owned two Blacktops, sold one and kept the best. I now wish that I had kept both. Since my PRS necks have a rosewood fret board, I tend to prefer all maple necks, on my Fenders.

I had seen Lonestar Strats with the same neck, but I didn't buy due to their strange color. Now when I find one, they are often priced close to 1k, 50% more than they sold for new. What current guitars have a similar neck? I can deal with the newer satin finish necks. Is there a site that compares, neck dimensions?

In my search, I bought a Classic 50 (7.25 radius & vintage frets). I was never able to find a Classic Player 50. Are the MIM Standards and MIA Specials as close as any current model?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. SlyStrat

SlyStrat Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

My favorite Strat: Fender American Special.

3. chicago slim

chicago slim Strat-O-Master

When I was looking at the Specials, in Surf Green, I couldn't find one that I though played well. I recently bought a Surf Green Classic 50. While I was looking, I played a really nice Special, in Candy Apple Red. I've owned a bunch of CAR Strats. Other wise, I probably would have bought the Special that I played. The necks feel very nice to me. I'm still looking for other colors. I hate to buy, without playing.

4. Strat-Slinger

Strat-Slinger Senior Stratmaster

The closest neck spec wise I've found to my Blacktop's is an older Mexi Standard I have right now... maybe the newer one's are similar... perhaps try a few of those and see how they feel...

chicago slim likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.