Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Similar Necks To Lonestar & Blacktop

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by chicago slim, May 16, 2018.

1. chicago slim

chicago slim Strat-Talker

Aug 23, 2010
    Bowling Green, KY
    For me, the best playing Strat neck has been my 2012 Blacktop Strat. Since I own several PRS guitars, I'm used to a thick, 9.5' or 10" radius, gloss finish, 22 frets and a 6 screw tremolo. I owned two Blacktops, sold one and kept the best. I now wish that I had kept both. Since my PRS necks have a rosewood fret board, I tend to prefer all maple necks, on my Fenders.

I had seen Lonestar Strats with the same neck, but I didn't buy due to their strange color. Now when I find one, they are often priced close to 1k, 50% more than they sold for new. What current guitars have a similar neck? I can deal with the newer satin finish necks. Is there a site that compares, neck dimensions?

In my search, I bought a Classic 50 (7.25 radius & vintage frets). I was never able to find a Classic Player 50. Are the MIM Standards and MIA Specials as close as any current model?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2018

2. SlyStrat

SlyStrat Strat-Talker

Feb 16, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    My favorite Strat: Fender American Special.

3. chicago slim

chicago slim Strat-Talker

Aug 23, 2010
    Bowling Green, KY
    When I was looking at the Specials, in Surf Green, I couldn't find one that I though played well. I recently bought a Surf Green Classic 50. While I was looking, I played a really nice Special, in Candy Apple Red. I've owned a bunch of CAR Strats. Other wise, I probably would have bought the Special that I played. The necks feel very nice to me. I'm still looking for other colors. I hate to buy, without playing.

4. Strat-Slinger

Strat-Slinger Senior Stratmaster

The closest neck spec wise I've found to my Blacktop's is an older Mexi Standard I have right now... maybe the newer one's are similar... perhaps try a few of those and see how they feel...

chicago slim likes this.