Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Smitty Custom Classic Guitars

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by sonicpete, Jun 30, 2013.

1. sonicpete

sonicpete New Member!

May 29, 2010
    manchester, uk
    After many years of playing strats and not really finding what i wanted I finally had a S-style Guitar custom made, A Smitty Custom Guitar made by Eric Smid Luthier in the netherlands. I have been lucky to have Custom shop Fenders, Nash guitars, Suhr, Andersons and this best guitar i have played bar none. I found out about Smitty guitars from Brett Kingman on youtube and was lucky enough to play one of his standard builds..

Mine is a Sonic Blue nitro finish.. slight relic with aged parts
    Museum grade/ Highest grade flame maple neck/ rosewood board with a compound radius 7.25" - 10" neck. Klusons
    Amber Holy Grail 50s Pickups
    The fit and finish is astounding. Eric makes only a very small amount of guitars and he charges only the same amount as a fender deluxe strat. If you dont care about the F-name on the headstock i would seriously recommend checking Smitty guitars out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boognish, john lavelle and RobZ69 like this.
  2. oatsoda

oatsoda Puck of Paradox Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 10, 2011
    The Shack, Nova Scotia
    That is a beautiful guitar. Glad you finally found one that spoke to you.

3. sonicpete

sonicpete New Member!

May 29, 2010
    manchester, uk
    Thank you. I have played so few that i have thought "this is a guitar for life" and this is one of them. Even after the usual honeymoon period of new gear had worn off this one has kept on getting better

4. Gear_up

Gear_up New Member!

Feb 14, 2018
    Downwind
    After 5 years, may I resurrect this thread and say that I agree entirely with this post. I now have 2 of Eric's great guitars. They are, in my view, the finest strats on the planet.

I would challenge anyone to find me a finer strat than a Smitty custom classic.

Just my £0.02.

That is all.

5. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Beautiful guitar, enjoy.

6. RobZ69

RobZ69 Strat-O-Master

Apr 22, 2017
    The Netherlands
    HNGD!

7. RobZ69

RobZ69 Strat-O-Master